spring isolator question

• Sponsors (?)

i just had stock front springs reinstalled on mine, and i had one rubber isolator, so we got another one like that. i think it was about $40. then i also needed those rubber sleeve things that slide on the other end of the coil. the ride is very smooth now, but it sits like a 4x4 again :frown: and i still have a rattle :mad:, most likely from the shafts of the strange struts being smaller than the inside diameter of the spacers for the MM CC plates i have.

after i get this rattle thing figured out, i think i'll pull the springs again and cut them to drop it an inch or 2. the springs were free, and i don't want to spend another $150 for springs, so i'm just going to cut them.

I see no appreciable downside to using the poly. I've not noticed any extra noise or anything like that from the poly. Said another way, I couldnt tell you which was on a given car if you didnt let me look. I always just get poly because even 50 bucks is a lot to spend on isolators.

Guys have done no isolators before but I wouldnt want to. You can have issues with dissimilar metals touching (galvanic corrosion type stuff), let alone the NVH.

Now that said, IIRC Iwashmycar (for one) runs or ran with partial isolators. Someone like that can probably comment. It's just something I would not even try.

Dont even try not running it. I run poly "yes" they are cheaper and they are same ride quality as rubber ones.

I hear people hate running "Poly" anything but i run "Poly" everywhere. Actually all through out my car. Engine mounts, Tans mount, Bump stop, Rear upper and lower control arms, front control arms, front sway bar, spring isolators.

No problems...