Spring updates

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
Canton, MI
Just realized I never shared this here, so here we go.

I'm in the midst of doing a bunch of small-but-necessary (ok, most aren't necessary but some are!) upgrades to my Mustang. It began in spring and is drawing out to the present.

First off was the rear interior panels being redyed. After I put new leather on the rear seat, it was quite apparent I needed to dye these things. Keep in mind the BEFORE pictures are pretty exaggerated as far as dirt goes, they were always clean except when my grubby mitts got on them. Basically it was a faded/off-white problem I had to remedy:

BEFORE:

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

AFTER (disregard the overspray, it's cleaned off and the other one had the buttons taped off properly):
rear3.jpg

rear4.jpg

No pics installed yet but it looks tons better.

The only other things I've done so far are technical or so miniscule that I haven't got pictures to share. Stuff like fixing sensors, adding some chrome bolts to a couple places, etc. I powdercoated a few small parts and polished a couple others. Like I said, nothing huge because at this point it's all minute details and kinda pointless to have pictures of.

Next up: braking system chroming and a few more chromed bits :nice: will have pics in a couple days.

• Sponsors (?)

This is a little list of the "not worth showing pictures of this minimal change" stuff:

Chrome powdercoat: PS relocation brackets (were silver) and bolts, hood lock mechanism (was red, and the actual latch is chrome plated), battery tray platform (was polished), water pump pulley (can’t believe I never touched the stock one, haha)

Chrome plated: battery tray posts/top bracket and coil bracket (all were polished); and replaced various bolts, washers, nuts, etc. with chrome examples.

Cut/fit the chrome Ford Motorsport oil filter cover to be able to be taken off w/the oil filter installed. Damn thing won’t clear the suspension so I never put it on.

Polished the radiator & added chrome bolts for the electric fan to attach to it

Replace weatherstripping on the doors (one side has a little tear from feet hitting it) and convertible top header

The rest is stuff I’ll share here :D but nothing is really major except the interior dye-job and the master cylinder/brakeline setup being plated.

Nope, just prepped and dyed it with OEM color from LMR. Worked like a charm and it's very durable. I can't even scratch it if I try :nice:

That reminds me, I also replaced the amp rack clear plexi-glass w/smoked plexi and am going to rewrap the vinyl covering that whole setup. Same color (black whisper) but it just came loose over the years and it’s annoying.

battery tray posts/hold-down, brakelines/fittings, MC, coil bracket. the pics kinda sucked but I'm not gonna have a planned photoshoot w/this stuff here... It all looks like the coil bracket does.

chrome1.jpg

chrome2.jpg

Got to go re-assemble the MC and start prepping everything to go in. Obviously while it's out I'm cleaning up everything behind/under it...

Thanks! If I planned this a little better I would've gotten new brakelines all around and routed them in my preferred way. Maybe one day I'll redo it, but for now this is fine. Especially after the price :doh:

I also polished the stock prop. valve but didn't get a pic of it. All this stuff looks better than the pics show of course. I'll try to snap one in the morning tomorrow :)