• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Springs and Shocks

  • Thread starter Thread starter taidan
  • Start date Start date Jul 9, 2009
T

taidan

New Member
Jul 9, 2009
1
0
0
Jul 9, 2009
#1
  • Jul 9, 2009
  • #1
Hello,

I have a pretty much stock, with bolt on 2002. Right now my rear shocks are shot, and I am looking to do the entire suspension eventually, but want to start with shocks and springs. And have a couple of questions…

I want to do minimal track, but this is mostly for fun on the street (legally of course) . I care more about cornering than hooking up from a dig, but I want to help both and I want to lower the car.

I am willing to sacrifice a pretty good amount of ride quality for performance and a high spring rate.

1. Is it better to stay with one company so I know that all the components are made to work with each other?

2. Are coilovers worth it?

3. What is the best combination for me, either in a kit or separate; of shocks and springs. I am looking to spend a moderate amount of $, but I still want the best bang for the buck. I also want the combination to be designed to work well with more involved suspension upgrades, swaybars, control arms, etc..

Thanks for your help

Tai
 

32ValveRom

Member
Feb 15, 2009
328
0
17
Fl
Jul 9, 2009
#2
  • Jul 9, 2009
  • #2
Do you want to switch out the struts too?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Engine 2003 Mach 1 Automatic Upgrades assistance
  • SJK1417M1AT
  • Sep 25, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
369
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 21, 2025
01SVTvertt
0
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
361
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
245
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
281
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
G
Intro and FB questions
  • gflat65
  • Nov 16, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
255
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Nov 25, 2025
horse sence
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?