Springs!!!????

i think people are just suspicious of the ford C springs because they are alot cheaper than steeda eibach, etc. They think that more money means it is better which is not always the case. i looked into it alot and have decided on the ford C springs b/c they have pretty much same rates as steeda and they are ford which i semi trust...not like it is some lamo brand name. lots of ppl like these as well, if i have any issues with rear not dropping enough i will remove isolators, i will be installing tommorow so i will post pics etc in a few weeks

• Sponsors (?)

c springs FTW!

IMG_0266.jpg

sorry for bad pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 33
02LaserRed2V said:
I use H&R Supersports, Bilstein shocks/struts, and MM camber/casters. It's daily driven, rides fine on good surfaces. Kinda sucks on bad roads, but it doesn't bother me too much. I've only scraped twice, both times came while I was driving in an unfamilar area. And I do have to be more careful driving/backing out of an incline or decline. Otherwise, I LOVE how my setup looks; not to mention the car handles better.

View attachment 482315
View attachment 482317

Your car is killer man! I love that friggen thing!

Yea I need to take some pictures to share with you guys after I put them in. Oh by the way sence we are on this topic. I know I need an alignment since I put in the springs, but I am stalling cause I am getting ready to order new rims and tires, but I wont need cc plates with C-springs will I? I did alot research on the springs themselves but never bother to look if I did need plates or not. I think they should be able to align it to spec without a problem.

tomustang said:
sorry for not elaborating, been busy

offset rack bushings tend to move around when the suspension travels ending up moving the rack itself. when you lower the car the roll center turns into a V shape (control arms go up) therefore you're just moving the steering rack up, you are not moving the control arm back down, when it's dropped, so bumsteer is still there, and more understeer

I can see why the bushings alone do not completely satisfy the issue, primarily because they don't alter it enough with a significant drop. Now, along with the bumpsteer kit (tie-rod ends) wouldn't it be suffucient? It seems the only lingering problem might be if the bushings move. Aside from the moving issue, I do have a friend that has Sportlines without the bump steer kit. When turning her steering rack was "popping". After the installation of the offset bushings this problem was eliminated. The $10 bushings solved that problem without forcing her to spend the $150 for tie-rod ends now (although she still plans to).

tomustang said:
Eibach has been aware for over 4 months that their new rear springs are sagging, they have been told by alot of people and still have yet to get back any of them. They don't want to hear it.

This is concerning to me as I just installed Sportlines on my car (with the bumpsteer kit ;) ). You say their new springs.. Did they change their design or metal's? By sagging, do you mean that they drop lower than desired?

Chili said:
I can see why the bushings alone do not completely satisfy the issue, primarily because they don't alter it enough with a significant drop. Now, along with the bumpsteer kit (tie-rod ends) wouldn't it be suffucient? It seems the only lingering problem might be if the bushings move. Aside from the moving issue, I do have a friend that has Sportlines without the bump steer kit. When turning her steering rack was "popping". After the installation of the offset bushings this problem was eliminated. The $10 bushings solved that problem without forcing her to spend the $150 for tie-rod ends now (although she still plans to).

her stock bushings were probably worn out and any new bushing could've solved that

Chili said:
This is concerning to me as I just installed Sportlines on my car (with the bumpsteer kit ;) ). You say their new springs.. Did they change their design or metal's? By sagging, do you mean that they drop lower than desired?
don't know what they did, but there's alot of people on here that will tell you they'll sag

GAMESGUN028.jpg

GAMESGUN027.jpg

I know my car needs lowered and I keep hearing good things about Ford C Springs. Now, would I need to get CC/plates or anything else? Also, what do you guys think are the drawbacks of lowering it with these springs?
This is my daily driver.

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• GAMESGUN028.jpg
    GAMESGUN028.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 32
  • GAMESGUN027.jpg
    GAMESGUN027.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 22
FivePointStang said:
I know my car needs lowered and I keep hearing good things about Ford C Springs. Now, would I need to get CC/plates or anything else? Also, what do you guys think are the drawbacks of lowering it with these springs?
This is my daily driver.

Thanks
Chris

By the looks of it, your car is 99 or 00 right? its 6 year old car at least, so along with C/C plate, new uratehan isorater, and new shocks/struts prolly do you good man

Steeda Sport Springs OK

I had Steeda install their sport springs and have been very happy with them. You also may want to consider shocks and struts to match the new spring rates...I had Tokiko Illumina 5 way adjustables put on and seems to be a good match-up. Also when you drop the car you may want to consider Caster/Camber plates.

2003 GT

FivePointStang said:
This is my daily driver.

Thanks
Chris

Mity's pretty much dead on with what you "should" get for a car your age. C/C plates aren't really needed unless you drop it more that 1.5 in., but will definately help with alignment.

You may want to consider FRPP "G" springs for your car. They're specially made for 'verts, but usually cost more and are a little harder to find. I've seen pictures of convertibles with "C" springs, though, and they look fine.

mity2 said:
By the looks of it, your car is 99 or 00 right? its 6 year old car at least, so along with C/C plate, new uratehan isorater, and new shocks/struts prolly do you good man

I have a '99 GT and I'm considering the Ford Racing F Performance Springs (anyone got any photo's with these installed?) What shocks/struts would you suggest to go with the F springs? I'm on a tight budget and this is my daily driver. No C/C plates for now either.

i have the ford racing c springs and didnt need shocks, struts, or cc plates. the front is a perfect drop. the rear is iffy. if u have a full tank of gas its almost perfect, if u run on E alot u will want to cut the dead coil off the rear. the ride isnt harsh at all and i have not bottomed out yet.
after with low tank of gas \/
783991_76_full.jpg

before pics spring install \/
783991_60_full.jpg

:SNSign: