Squeak, squeak

epitasis

Dec 31, 2003
Dallas
Easy problem guys, its just too cold to get under the car.

When I go over speed bumps or something like that, the rear end makes a short squeak. Guessing its shocks/struts (just got it so I don't even know) and just wondering if there is some point I can grease or something more I've got to do.

• Sponsors (?)

Ron Jeremy said:
Mine does it too. I just posted about this same exact problem in the V6 Technical section. I was told it could be the bushings. They dry up and make noise. I was told that I should grease the bushings and that the noise will stop. Or it could be defective springs or shocks.
What do you guys think it could be?

im having the same problem, but in the front, and it happens everytime i turn or go over a bump, mines a bushing though..

Mine just started doing it this week in the subzero cold weather up here. I have been driving it now for 2 years in this same subzero weather and it never made this sound before. It sounds like a loud creaking noise coming from the rear end. It also sometimes comes from the front end as well. I only have 18,800 miles and it's a 2002 V6 Mustang. Why did this noise occur all of a sudden after 2 years and why wasn't this creaking noise present before??

well it's hard to say exactly what that might be. it could be cracked torque boxes, brake line rubbing (that's what it was on my old one), bushings etc.....
you just have to hunt it down & find exactly what it is, cause that is a hard one to diagnose. good luck :nice: