squeeling noise when releasing the clutch?

86_Cobra

Mar 3, 2004
every time i let the clutch go this noise comes up, now the car was sitting for a long period of time without driving, could it be that the clutch cable needs to be greased up??? (rebuilt t5 with a new clutch kit and release bearing, done just over the winter)

• Sponsors (?)

replace your t/o bearing and lube it up good with grease... thats about all you can do, but you have to drop your tranny to do it. 30 dollar part, big job... not fun, if it REALLY annoys you drop the tranny and bellhousing and replace it. but personally, its not worth it. i had the same problem, but im taking care of it with my engine build right now when everything is on a stand =)

before you do all that, do you have preload dialed into the clutch cable?
that was ford's solution, and it is widely recognized (nearly everyone has preload in the cable). this does the same as lightly pushing the pedal down. so if pushing the pedal a smidge eleviates the problem, dial in preload.
good luck.

you need an adjusttable cable or a firewall adjuster. put around 10 pounds of preload in it. or get it tight (no slack) and tighten it a little more.