srt4, formula, s197, and gtp

nesqwick_05

Jul 3, 2006
planning on running a couple of these cars when the track in my area opens back up... they all are primarily stock, and ill have pi intake,cams, upr o/r xpipe, flows, jlt cai, and possibly gears on my 98 gt (cant decide 3.73s or 4.10s) kinda wondering how ill hang with one of these with the current mods...

• Sponsors (?)

Also, get some tall sticky tires. The taller they are, the more sidewall flex you will get for grip, and the more they will help compensate for such a steep gear. It makes all the difference in the world. Just be careful with crazy hard launches on stock rear end components.

SRT: Stock? You got it. You better

Formula: The firebird? Weren't they a high performance/light weight version? I'd be wary of this one, but nobody else was, so I'm probably wrong.

S-197: Think this one might whoop on you.

GTP: The Pontiac? Are you kidding? I wouldn't waste my tread.

SRT-4: You got him. SRT will pull pretty hard on the highway, but with your car, I don't see a problem.

Formula: I think you'll lose by a few car lengths.

S197: I think you'll lose by a few car lengths as well.

GTP: Hahaha! FUNNY.

Iv got owned by a modded GTP before :( . At the track...same night I ran the time in sig.

His car had stickers on it...one of which was comp cams. Definatly had a small pulley, had ice setting on the blower, MT Drs on 15s up front, and it was pushed up to the line.

We line up, and we take off....he gets a much better launch (tires) and pulles about a car and a half right out of the gate. Then im sure to his suprise his pull just dead stops :D And basically we just hold that to the end of the track.

He ran like a 12.9 @ 108X and I an like a 13.0 or 13.1 @ 108X . Im sure it suprised the heck out of him :rlaugh: . BTW My best ET beat his that i seen....and so did my MPH.

He said the cars are primarily stock. So, I assume the GTP is going to be stock since out of all the cars listed, I'd say it is the least likely to receive mods.

Sucks about the GTP though, hotstang. For the everyday fun factor, RWD > FWD though.

He said the cars are primarily stock. So, I assume the GTP is going to be stock since out of all the cars listed, I'd say it is the least likely to receive mods.

Sucks about the GTP though, hotstang. For the everyday fun factor, RWD > FWD though.

AWD > RWD > FWD

All I can say is:
Ever launch out of a turn from a stand still in a stang?

...All Wheel Drifting... Weeee!

the s197 ran a 13.5 and i dont remember the mph, the formula runs a 13.6-13.8 consistantly with exhaust and and intake, the srt ran a 14.1 but was trapping about 105 or so, and the gtp stock beat my 98s stock time with a 14.65 at 95mph which isnt half bad. the mod potential with all these cars are pretty good. ive ran 2 of them befor, the formula got me by 1 1/2 cars - 2 cars when i was bone stock, and the gtp was staring at my taillights the whole way down the strip. currently my only mods are flowmaster, uprxpipe, and k&n filter. ordering the intake and cams monday....

a kid at my school says he has a pullied GTP (2000) but I don't really believe him because he's running the stock intake and exhaust, and i don't think it's been tuned..so that makes no sense

ya they cant run smaller pulleys with out supporting mods like intake headers pcm colder plugs and other mods just for a 3.4 pulley....:nice: , soon the gtp im talking about will have all those starter mods