ssi intake

• Sponsors (?)

i was more impressed with the ssi performance then looks. i think a trickflow/systemax intake looks way better. the ssi really seems to be worth it when a car has a cam and heads. thats prolly why some people arent all that impressed with the numbers. you also get nice fuel rails, so if you move up to a blower one day your ahead of the game. id try one, one day although i think it looks eerily similar to a 3.8 stang intake. thats not good lol

I just installed one,............ get a Trickflow or Edlebrock and save yourself some headaches

not worth the extra money, they look great
but take a bunch of tweaking

Pros:
looks cool, built in EGR, can access valve covers with upper intake on.
new fuel rail upgrade included

Cons:
expensive, required some grinding to get IAC valve to fit, tight fit along firewal
required some grinding inside upper intake, its heavy (52#'s), it rubs stock hood
really tight fit around fuel rails and egr valve, was missing small needed part
( did come right away from BBK no questions asked )
I'm having serious PCV issues on sucking up tons of oil into uppe intake.

headswap9e.jpg

headswap10e.jpg

headswap13e.jpg

Attachments

• headswap9e.jpg
    headswap9e.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 93
  • headswap10e.jpg
    headswap10e.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 78
  • headswap13e.jpg
    headswap13e.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 84
r.barn5.0 said:
I just installed one,............ get a Trickflow or Edlebrock and save yourself some headaches

not worth the extra money, they look great
but take a bunch of tweaking

Pros:
looks cool, built in EGR, can access valve covers with upper intake on.
new fuel rail upgrade included

Cons:
expensive, required some grinding to get IAC valve to fit, tight fit along firewal
required some grinding inside upper intake, its heavy (52#'s), it rubs stock hood
really tight fit around fuel rails and egr valve, was missing small needed part
( did come right away from BBK no questions asked )
I'm having serious PCV issues on sucking up tons of oil into uppe intake.

headswap9e.jpg

headswap10e.jpg

headswap13e.jpg

Get a Steeda PCV oil seperator or make one yourself and it'll solve the oil in the upper intake problem.

Attachments

• headswap9e.jpg
    headswap9e.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 97
  • headswap10e.jpg
    headswap10e.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 542
  • headswap13e.jpg
    headswap13e.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 167
795.0pacecar said:
You remembered to take the PCV screen out of the old intake and put it in this one right? I forgot to do that and my intake was eating oil like it was free.
Aww man, when i was helping Putnam do his intake install today, i saw that old screen in the stock intake, and we didnt change it over to the new one, i guess i need to tell him that we need to put that back in. The PCV valve is pretty hard to get to with it all on there, i hope we dont have to pull it back apart...... again......

-AJ

tmoss said:
does the SSI lower come with the oil baffle below the screen? Or did you have to move the one from the stocker over?

The ssi has lifted and separated lower runners, so the
"lower intake baffle plate" is actaully the the bottom of the intake
below the runners, you cant not install it.

I did put in an oil separator, it will fill up after a few miles of hard driving.

So far the only one I've seen praising this thing...aside from the NON biases magazines:rolleyes: has been a BBK employee over on Corral on a 15 page thread. However if you read it through he's been delt more blows than praise from the customers and onlookers....seems like a big hastle to install and quality issues seem to still be 'in the works' to some degree. Looks nice and will have some market share, but I'm not enthused by anything I've seen so far that would intrest me enough to even give my Typhoon a crooked eye.