Stall/Drop in oil pressure?

While I was on the highway yesterday afternoon, going about 60ish, my car suddenly stalled out, and the oil pressure gauge read zero. It may have happened while I engaged the clutch, but I dont remember. As soon as I gave it some gas it came back to life, with no further problems the rest of the drive. What could this be, and is it something to really fix in a hurry? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

there are one or two (maybe more) instances of this happening to some members on this board. i agree its the weirdest thing in the world but youre not the only one with the issue

try searching for those threads. it might be able to help you :nice:

Is the top of your battery clean? Are the battery terminals clean and tight?

Have the battery tested. The alternator can not maintain output without a strong battery. Sudden quitting is a prime symptom of a bad/weak battery.

While at the autoparts store, have the alternator tested for output and excessive AC ripple.

+1 battery, check tightness at terminals, check for corrosion, have the charging system checked at AutoZone for free... My car was doing the same thing and I grabbed the battery terminal and it was loose as ****! After I had some work done they half assed re-connecting the battery terminals.