'Stang towed home tonight.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, personally I wouldn't use the oil pan as your spot to jack the car up. Especially not with blocks of wood between the jack and the pan. I'm sure you could find a much better way, like 351wcoupe said, subframe rails will work well. Just my two cents.

The oil pan? Geez, that's just askin for trouble. I always jack mine up by the center of the K-member.

Also I'd like to know how you guys could change the starter without jacking up the car. I can barely fit my head under the car without it jacked up, much less be able to see what I'm doing to remove the starter...

Red_LX said:
The oil pan? Geez, that's just askin for trouble. I always jack mine up by the center of the K-member.

Also I'd like to know how you guys could change the starter without jacking up the car. I can barely fit my head under the car without it jacked up, much less be able to see what I'm doing to remove the starter...
When your in the parking lot of your dorm with a dead starter, a scissor jack, and no jack stands, you make due without jacking it up. :eek:
Yeah, it is a very tight fit, but if you know what you are looking for, it is easy. It is only 3 bolts, and a screw.