Started my fuel inj to carb swap.. questions

91foxbod50

Sep 26, 2007
Ive started doing my swap and i started losing my confidence. I should have read up a little more on this.

I have a 1985 mustang that has central fuel injection. Im trying to switch to carb. i have the lower intake for a carb set up and a holley 4 barrel.

What else do i need? How can this be done? I started taking off the crappy central junk but what next? The fuel lines are steel and theirs no way to hook up to the carb. Im lost :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I wanted to go to fuel injection but it seems like a lot more work. I have a wiring harness off a 90 lx. But im not sure about it, if its worth the work. I'd need to do the engine harness and dash harness. Im sure their would be a lot of cutting and splicing. I'd be confident if it was just engine harness, but the dash and all misc pieces kinda make me tail away.

Have you heard of anyone or experienced the swap?

I'm not completely familar with either of the swaps, although i have seen the finished product of the efi conversion.

Isn't the 85 dash the same as the 86?
I'd think that if you used an 86 EfI harness, then converted that harness to mass air and used an a9l computer it may work.
Just speculation on my part, so research it more.