started replacing front end bushings today!

bamajason

Jan 25, 2010
alabama
well i started taking my front end apart today. i got it done. now to get the bushings and ball joints pressed in.
i had a few bolts that didnt want to come lose. all 4 sway bar bolts and the lower control arm bolts was hard to get out. i had to cut the driverside control arm bolt off. now i got to find somewhere to buy a new one. i guess the dealer will have one.

• Sponsors (?)

A lot of that stuff is still available from the dealer too. The front k-member and a-arm hardware didn't change up to 2004...so you can still go into Ford and pick up that bolt and not pay LRS $15 to ship it to you

A lot of that stuff is still available from the dealer too. The front k-member and a-arm hardware didn't change up to 2004...so you can still go into Ford and pick up that bolt and not pay LRS $15 to ship it to you

i ordered alot of stuff from them. i just added it to the list. got floor mats and other things.

i got the rack and pinion bushings in today. didnt take 30 minutes to do that.

also does all 5.0's come with a power steering cooler?

got it back togather today. NO MORE SQUEAK!!!!!! it drives much better now. i replaced all the bushing in the front end except the struat bushing, waiting to replace them with new struats. now to start move towards the back end. going to order some frame connectors next. then do the rear suspension.
also going to get some gears installed just haven't decided on which ones yet. 3.73 vs the 4.10.

I wouldn't order any bolts from 50resto. All the rear end bolts I needed were gonna be about 52 dollars +14.95 shipping. The dealer wanted just as much.

I went to the bolt supplier by work and got 4 bolts, 4 washers, and 4 nuts for $5.80. It's all grade 8 stuff. I had to by the washers because the bolts didn't have the shoulders on them like the Ford bolts. Look how much money I saved!!!

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00331.jpg