• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

starting new engine next week. Have questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charged90LX
  • Start date Start date Sep 21, 2004
C

Charged90LX

New Member
Sep 9, 2004
20
0
0
Sep 21, 2004
#1
  • Sep 21, 2004
  • #1
I have been working on 90 5.0 lx. absolutely nothing is stock. I was wondering if the car is gonna possibly be able to run 10's. Is my fuel set up ok for my goals? How much hp am I looking at? I am getting closer to the day we fire it up for the first time and I want someone to look over our mod list and see if we forgot anything that we need to get. will we have to have it dyno tuned right away? We were also thinking about having the chip flashed by the performance shop it would by dyno tuned at.

keith black Silv-o-lite pistons and high performance rings 9.1:1 compression ratio (61cc head)

block bored to a 308
I beam ford forged connecting rods
clevite 77 rod and main bearings
fel pro gaskets (I also have a fel pro head gasket, do you think I need a mls?)
performer rpm upper and lower intake
torque step headers equal length headers
3 piece double roller high performance timing set
copper core plugs
msd
plug wires
stage 2 cam
ford motorsport racing hydraulic roller lifters set
Trick flow hardened racing pushrods
36lb injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump
Vortech fmu
Trick Flow tristed wege heads
arp headstuds
titanium valve springs
trick flow rocker arms
High flow water pump
high pressure oil pump
smog pump eliminator
ac eliminator
aluminum radiator
ford racing clutch
65mm throttle body
2.5 inch exhaust
clevite 77 rod and main bearings
Vortech v1 supercharger was set at stock boost with stock pulley which is 3.5 inches and I want to go to a 2.62 inch pulley which I believe will put me at around 16 psi. Can someome with more experience please inform me if I am wrong.

Is there anything else I will need?

I think thats everything. I will post if I remember something I forgot.
 

giddyup306

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
3,041
2
59
Sep 21, 2004
#2
  • Sep 21, 2004
  • #2
For 10's you'll need at least 400 at the wheels and a good suspension. Hard telling if you'll be in the 10's.
 
C

Charged90LX

New Member
Sep 9, 2004
20
0
0
Sep 21, 2004
#3
  • Sep 21, 2004
  • #3
could you please answer some of the other questions
 

giddyup306

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
3,041
2
59
Sep 21, 2004
#4
  • Sep 21, 2004
  • #4
The stock fuel lines will support ~350hp. You may need to go with bigger lines. As far as HP I really don't like throwing out numbers. My suggestion is to download desktop dyno and "build" your engine on that. Keep in mind that it assumes a perfect tune and doesn't allow for friction losses. It's usually pretty close if you subtract 10-20%.
 
C

Charged90LX

New Member
Sep 9, 2004
20
0
0
Sep 21, 2004
#5
  • Sep 21, 2004
  • #5
where can I get higher flow fuel rails?
 
D

Daggar

New Member
Jul 19, 2004
3,902
5
0
Sep 21, 2004
#6
  • Sep 21, 2004
  • #6
Charged90LX said:
where can I get higher flow fuel rails?
Click to expand...

Not just rails but everything leading up to the rails as well. Checkout: www.aeromotiveinc.com
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

9
Forced Induction Prepping for supercharger on non-stock build
  • 91fox427
  • Nov 25, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
487
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 5, 2026
Qtrhrse23
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
436
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
134
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
  • Locked
Engine Might have to get a Dart block but don't want to and if I do, then 363 instead of 331. Thoughts on what I've already bought so far.......
  • from6to8
  • Jul 8, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
574
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?