Steeda CAI and SCT X3 Tuner

AtlGTGuy08

Nov 13, 2009
I'm getting a heck of a deal on a used Steeda CAI with Carbon Fiber Elbow and SCT X3 Tuner. The CAI has less than 500 miles on it. The vehicle has been returned to stock so the tuner is in "unlocked" mode.

My questions are:

1. Am I going to be satisfied with the CAI? I've seen everyone recommend JLT but never have seen Steeda recommended. However, when I go on websites the Steeda with Carbon Fiber Elbow seems to be one of the higher priced - not that price always translates into quality.

2. The tuner has custom tunes for an 07 GT. I know I can't reuse those as they were designed for that vehicle. However, until I can get custom tunes done for my vehicle, there are canned tunes that I can use as well aren't there?

3. I know it's personal opinion... But for a stock 08 Mustang GT with 18" wheels.... Who's tune do you think I'll get the most bang for my buck with?

Thanks for the input.

• Sponsors (?)

I have the Steeda CAI and its fine. My tune is from Brenspeed. I am not sure if the X3 still has the canned tunes on it or whether the custom tunes overwrote them :shrug:

The tune is the important part IMO. Mine is a brenspeed tune. My auto trans now not only fries the tires in first but spins em going into second and third gear. Thats freaking impressive to me. If your getting a good deal then call up brenspeed or bama and order one of their mail order tunes.

patrick