steeda oil seperator

sixxer

Feb 9, 2007
AL
I know this sounds dumb, but I know you guys have seen the steeda oil seperators right? Well what would be the difference of using a water seperator for say a air pump like a Campbell/hausfield - however you spell it. Instead of spending that much on theirs. I don't know if one is really worth having but not for the price they want, I can build one for less than $30. if they are the same thing.

• Sponsors (?)

I know this sounds dumb, but I know you guys have seen the steeda oil seperators right? Well what would be the difference of using a water seperator for say a air pump like a Campbell/hausfield - however you spell it. Instead of spending that much on theirs. I don't know if one is really worth having but not for the price they want, I can build one for less than $30. if they are the same thing.

That's what I'm using. I got a small clear one with a drain from Harbor Frieght for $10.00

I've been using the clear inline kind that you can get at most parts stores for very cheap. If money isn't an issue then definitely go with the Steeda style filter. My filters eventually develop holes in them, presumably from heat and pressure. I replace them about once a month or so.

I just got a oil separator and barbbed fitting from Harbor Frieght for $14.00 so it can hold more oil. The inline fuel filter I put on several days ago already had oil in the paper and that's from easy driving.