Steeda Rear Quarter Window covers

• Sponsors (?)

They arent moldings. They are part of the 1/4 window, so the entire window has to be replaced at a cost of over $500. How bad are yours? I have repaired 2 sets for different cars and they both turned out great. I did one for a hatchback car and am currently doing mine. Its a lot of work to get them looking better but its worth it.
Steedas covers look gay and have heard of peoples flying off on them. Your best bet is to refinish them and paint them again.
If you can take them out of your car the they can be done in a day. I would never think about doing themon a car you will run a very very high risk of scratching your car.
Do you have a hatch or notch?

I have a hatch Iowa91LX, but mine almost look like high grit sandpaper. The car is a 1989 and has been garaged for only about 10% of the time.
What did you do to clean them up? And how hard is it to get the window out? Thanks again.

I have a hatch Iowa91LX, but mine almost look like high grit sandpaper. The car is a 1989 and has been garaged for only about 10% of the time.
What did you do to clean them up? And how hard is it to get the window out? Thanks again.

The windows are a pain to take out. you have to take the rear plastic out of the car or at least loosne it really good and move it to the side. Then there are something like 10 nuts you have to take off and then be extremly careful, or hire a window company to remove the window. They are glued in there pretty good, and theres also a little clip on tp that usually falls off, so watch where it lands and put it back in the same location.
I used 80 grit to rough them up pretty good, and then if they are really really bad like my old ones were I used glazing putty to fill in the little pinholes that sanding didnt remove. Then I used a urethane based primer over the 80 grit and sanded it back down with 320 before spraying base then clear.
Dont use an aresol can to spray paint them, it looks cheap and will show scratches.

I have an extra set of hatch windows laying around that I can refinish for you if you are interested. Or I could redo yours if you dont want to mess with them.

Ohio 1989GT said:
Hey Stock89LX that link doesnt work but thanks anyway.

Iowa91LX did you put them back in yourself or did you have a glass shop do it?

D**n, it worked the other day! He was griping about his provider in a post, though. Try msging him (Anile8em). I don't know him personally, but have seen the web site and it gives detailed instructions (with pictures) on how to pull those quarter windows out/repair them. Sorry for the bad link!

Steeda's:

stangshoth.jpg

stangshotf.jpg

Havent had one problem with them. If they flew off it was because people were stupid and didnt prep properly..

-Smoke

dvs bullet said:
I've got them on mine and I should have saved my money and bought some new ones, they do eventually separateand they bleach in the sun. It was a good temporary fix, but I want real ones now.

They bleach in the sun?? Did you prep and paint them like the instructions suggested?

-Smoke