Steel1 Pimpxs

According to Stingers site it looks like I may have over compensated in my reduction of cranking PW,
may be chasing my tail here.
I was originally fighting a lazy hot start and I must have pulled too much cranking PW, going to adjust and
try again when I have a chance.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah your cranking PW numbers are very low, the last value on the curve is 9... that means it is going to multiply the VE table value by .09.... not nearly enough fuel. the last value in any table that deals in percentages like the cranking PW table MUST have the last value equal 100 or more unless specified in the manual. If you only want to add 9% the final value has to be 109%

Reactions: 1 user
Still messing with lazy hot start, I've been slowly increasing cranking pw fueling and it gets better but not there yet.
Cold start pops right over.
Just want @a91what to take a look and see if there's something that pops out, took a log of cranking/starting hope it's long enough.

Attachments

• current 6-8-19.msq
    272.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 2019-06-08_18.43.17.msl
    274.1 KB · Views: 93
looks like it may still be starving for fuel right at startup, this can be fixed with priming PW most of the time. I made some small changes based on what i use for smaller CID with similar injector sizes.
Take a look at the changes i have made and then note that you can prime the engine twice by going KOEO before starting, if it starts easier then you need some more priming PW.

Attachments

• Steel1 REV.3.1.0..msq
    272.8 KB · Views: 143
looks like it may still be starving for fuel right at startup, this can be fixed with priming PW most of the time. I made some small changes based on what i use for smaller CID with similar injector sizes.
Take a look at the changes i have made and then note that you can prime the engine twice by going KOEO before starting, if it starts easier then you need some more priming PW.
Ok, Thanks again !

Since my job is shut down for at least the next two weeks I've been trying to stay busy.
Thinking of having my Pimpxs take control of my dual electric Intrepid fans.
I've had them running off a Flexalite VSC33054 controller for years and it works fine but
thinking I should use the Pimpxs capabilities for this.
Looks like a fairly simple install using pin 55, a relay and installing a jumper in the ecu.
Any advice on this or what relay to run ? @a91what

Last edited:
Personally, I do fan control with a pwm output and a 100a ssr. The 40a versions work just as well. I still use the relay to interrupt power to the ssr so the fans shut down when wot, above a mph ect. Then I use a closed loop pwm control to target 200* stays within 3* of target.

Personally, I do fan control with a pwm output and a 100a ssr. The 40a versions work just as well. I still use the relay to interrupt power to the ssr so the fans shut down when wot, above a mph ect. Then I use a closed loop pwm control to target 200* stays within 3* of target.
I’ve never really messed with the pwm capabilities as far as fan control. I’ve had good luck with just having them switched on/off as far as temp control.

It is pin 55, use it to ground the relay. Most guys get away with a 40A bosch but they do sell larger if the fan pulls slot.
I use the mark8 2 speed fan, it can nearly kill the engine when it comes on in high speed. Pwm is like a soft start. Overkill yes

It is pin 55, use it to ground the relay. Most guys get away with a 40A bosch but they do sell larger if the fan pulls slot.
I use the mark8 2 speed fan, it can nearly kill the engine when it comes on in high speed. Pwm is like a soft start. Overkill yes
Thanks, that's the type of relay I was looking at.
I understand the theory of the PWM system, if I had your skills I would run it,
but for my abilities and the way I use my car I'm going to start with the simpler design.
Thanks again for the help folks.

Ok thanks.
Any idea what type/size relay you used ?

9E61E6C9-6104-4A2B-8100-A40BFF72686C.png

That’s the relay I use. I’d just say screw it and run a 60a with a 60a maxi fuse. Do it once and be done with it.
I want to say mine is setup to provide 12v to trigger the relay. I’m not sure though as I’ve slept since wiring it, but I’m fairly sure it provides power to trigger.
The sn95 fan is what I have it on, which is a 2 speed fan. My 150a alternator helps soften the blow, but it still needs to see a 100rpm increase to keep up. Never seen anything under 14.6 volts on the gauge with the fan running though.

You can’t have a relay that’s too big. A good 40a will most likely do it, but a 60a is the same cost to run (at least it’s damn close)

You can actually find the factory Bosch relays on rock auto. I believe they’re yellow in color. I’ll try and find the link.

Ok haven't committed much time to this LAZY hot start issue but have been playing around with it a bit lately.
Only seem to have an issue when I drive around to full operating temp and then let car sit and heat soak for
a few hours. If I shut it off and restart within 15-10min. it fires right up.

What I have noticed is if I allow it to heat soak then crank it and just slightly crack the throttle it snaps to life.
Given this info I'm guessing I need to increase cranking pulse and have been but haven't got results yet.
I know I need to datalog the issue but screwed up on my last attempt.
Here's a copy of current tune, any suggestion given the cracking of the throttle remedy ?

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    284.9 KB · Views: 46