Steering and Suspension Issues

MidnightBlk98GT

Apr 20, 2004
FL
This is actually a three part question so here I go.

Well, the situation is this: last week I had my front driver tire go flat on me because of improper wear on the tire due to a front alignment issue (negative camber). After a new set of front tires and $320 missing from my wallet, I got to thinking that this will only happen again in another year and I really don't want to be spending more $$$ on tires when they are only a year old. The current configuration on my car is that I have Bilstein shocks and struts, Eibach Pro springs and anti-roll bars, and some Moog tie-rod ends. I have ordered some MM caster/camber plates that will be arriving soon as I thought that this may fix the problem but after reading Tonys5.0 thread (Camber Maxed Out...) on his problem with the alignment (though I still have the stock K-member), I thought that I may be in the same boat.

So, down to the questions, 1) will there be enough adjustment in the CC plates that I would be ok with that set-up or 2) after reading Tonys5.0 thread, would I also need to install CAM bolts, and/or 3) would I need to install a bumpsteer kit or different tie-rod ends to make up for the lowering/changing of the suspension geometry? Thanks for all your help.

P.S. Is it me or does it always seem to be that the tie-rod ends on these cars are only good for a year? Every time that I take it in for an alignment, I'm replacing an inner or outer tie-rod. What are your thoughts. Thanks all.

• Sponsors (?)