Steering pump hose removal help

First of all, thank you everyone with the help with the threads Ive created. I dont have a lot of knowledge on these old ford cars either than a crown vic, and everyone has been super helpful with helping me fix up a 5.0 5 speed Ive wanted for a while. The only 2 things stopping me from driving this thing are the brakes and steering. Theres a big leak coming from the hoses going to the rack from them not being tight. I just installed my steering pump and now im trying to tighten these lines, but they seem almost impossible to get to without removing this steering rack. Anyone know how i can remove/tighten these lines without completely taking the rack down?

• Sponsors (?)

Crows foot.

1672958833730.png

Different sizes, different offsets. You may have to experiment with which one will work for you.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Keep in mind there are Teflon seals on those hoses to the rack. They are meant to be replaced if the lines are removed as they crush and extrude when installed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
The hoses seal to the rack via the o rings, teflon, iirc. They can turn and move when correctly installed. Tightening them does not have anything to do with how they seal. Note that, at least in the early days, 79 to 85 or so, there are several variations in the racks, and the seals.