• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Stereo Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter HawkX66
  • Start date Start date Mar 27, 2017

HawkX66

Member
Mar 20, 2017
51
1
8
Michigan & Mass
Mar 27, 2017
#1
  • Mar 27, 2017
  • #1
I searched for quite a while and I didn't turn up an answer. I saw a ton about the Mach 460, but it didn't answer my questions.
What year Mach 460 are these 3 plugs for? What is each plug for? My car came with an a/m stereo that wasn't hooked up right and now I'm re-wiring it. I have the harness adapter that fits the factory harness so I can hook up the new stereo, but I don't know what part number it is. I need to get the wiring chart and I want to make sure I get the right year.

 
Last edited: Mar 27, 2017

DGooch

New Member
Mar 27, 2017
4
0
1
Mar 27, 2017
#2
  • Mar 27, 2017
  • #2
looks a lot like my 2000 setup. it had main unit with tape deck (1st big plug on left) and then a cd player under it. (3rd plug on right)
 

HawkX66

Member
Mar 20, 2017
51
1
8
Michigan & Mass
Mar 27, 2017
#3
  • Mar 27, 2017
  • #3
DGooch said:
looks a lot like my 2000 setup. it had main unit with tape deck (1st big plug on left) and then a cd player under it. (3rd plug on right)
Click to expand...
Excellent. Thanks. My car is an '00, but there's so many things, besides my drivetrain, that are from an '02 on my car that I'm not sure of a lot.
 

HawkX66

Member
Mar 20, 2017
51
1
8
Michigan & Mass
Mar 31, 2017
#4
  • Mar 31, 2017
  • #4
For anyone that comes across this, Here's the schematic I was looking for. There were a bunch out there, but for some reason I was having trouble find the ones for the Mach 460 with two amps in the rear. 130-2, 130-3 & 130-4





 

HawkX66

Member
Mar 20, 2017
51
1
8
Michigan & Mass
Mar 31, 2017
#5
  • Mar 31, 2017
  • #5
I adjusted these to remove the vert info. These should be a little easier to read for the coupe guys.





 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Who the hell puts the wrong spark plugs in a 3.8L?
  • snowstang
  • Mar 25, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
550
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 3, 2026
LILCBRA
Electrical/engine bay harness questions
  • djj62478
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
375
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 6, 2026
djj62478
2
Resolved Electrical mayhem
  • 2000ElectricGreen
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
392
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 4, 2026
2000ElectricGreen
2
0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
963
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Wednesday at 4:28 AM
2v_johnny
2
S
Fox '87 GT can't get to stay running
  • spilly
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
spilly
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?