Sticky Tire Thread

I've been doing a little research on sticky tires. I can't seem to find something that fits what I'm looking for. I want something that fits on my 18x10.5 rims. I don't care how fast it wears out, I just want it to be STICKY. It will get track use, and spirited driving on the street.

I like the ET street radials, but I dont know if they make a size that fits my tastes. I don't really wanna go over 305, and I don't want it less than 285.

I was also looking at BFG's radial, and I have heard NOTHING but amazing things about them.

Any input will be great!

Currently I am running toyo t1r's and they are pretty awesome street tires. I ran 1.9 60 foots at gainesville. I want to see that number drop!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm loving my Bridgestone Potenza S-03's, but i heard they have been discontinued. Either way, it's an expensive tire ($200+ for a 17" version) but they stick like glue in the dry or rain

I just put on Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas on my car (315-35-17) and they grip real nasty in the dry, but my car doesn't have gears or a KB ( :flag: ) so i couldn't tell u if that was what u were looking for

I have Nitto drag radials sized 305/35/18. They're probably not as good as the BFG drag radials since they have a huge contact patch (but at least you'll do better in the rain with the Nittos even though they're still not that great for wet weather).

The Nitto 555R's contact patch is much larger than all-weather tires though and they stick great for me on the ground. I had to get my fenders rolled though because my tires were shredding.

How does the pro kit compare to my h&r super sports? I want to run about a 305 tires. You have an recent pictures from the side, I'd like to see the "fatness" of the tire on the wheel.

The pro-kit on a convertible drops lower because I have more weight. The tire doesn't rub the fender under "normal" driving, but when I go to a dip, or run into any road imperfection, my car lowers and shreds the tire. After I got my fenders rolled, I don't have shredding issues now (as far as I know).

You can see my rear wheel gap below. Any time the car bottoms out just slightly, SHRED.

View attachment 383906

View attachment 383907

How does the pro kit compare to my h&r super sports? I want to run about a 305 tires. You have an recent pictures from the side, I'd like to see the "fatness" of the tire on the wheel.

I'm not sure if this is the "fatness" you're looking for, but they are HUGE when you see them in person.

Here's a rear photo.
DSC04842.jpg

I wanted my tires to be as fat as this guy's Cobra, so I will go larger next time (315/30/18)
DSC03501.jpg