Stock crank pulley specs?

TheShagg

Mar 30, 2002
I am looking to use a 94-95 pulley on a pre-94 HO engine, mainly because of the decreased depth. (I actually plan on putting a trigger wheel and a spacer between the balance and the pulley for stock belt alignment).

I'm looking for two specs, if anyone can give them to me, to know if the pulley will be usable.

1) Diameter, measured from the "tops" of the grooves, or the "bottoms" of the grooves, or, if you can't measure that, I could live with the diameter of the "rails" that keep the belt from coming off the front or the back of the pulley.

2) Will the 94-95 pulley mate with the pre-94 harmonic damper? Is the 4 bolt spacing the same, and is the center-hub hole the same diameter?

Ideally I am hoping the two pulleys are identical except depth.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I am looking to use a 94-95 pulley on a pre-94 HO engine, mainly because of the decreased depth. (I actually plan on putting a trigger wheel and a spacer between the balance and the pulley for stock belt alignment).

I'm looking for two specs, if anyone can give them to me, to know if the pulley will be usable.

1) Diameter, measured from the "tops" of the grooves, or the "bottoms" of the grooves, or, if you can't measure that, I could live with the diameter of the "rails" that keep the belt from coming off the front or the back of the pulley.

I have the stock pulley in my hand as i gve you the measurements. Diameter is 6 7/8" lip to lip.

2)
Will the 94-95 pulley mate with the pre-94 harmonic damper?

Don't know

Is the 4 bolt spacing the same, and is the center-hub hole the same diameter?

Center opening is 1 5/8". Bolt spacing center to center is 2 7/8" through the center line of the pulley.

Ideally I am hoping the two pulleys are identical except depth.

Thanks![/

Now if someone has a '94-95 crank pulley that is 5.5" - 5.75" or knows where I can get one please let me know.

I assume that measurement would be measurement A on this picture?

Attachments

• pulley.PNG
    pulley.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 406