Engine Stock engine top half options for HP

If this is what you have in mind ($2k on a $4k car), it *might* be cheaper to buy a car that's already built. Then again, you're taking risk of getting one with issues.

I'm on the wrong side of the country, but to use an example, I'm selling a vert with H/C/I and probably around 270rwhp. I have it listed at $5k, and all I'm getting are talkers. Nobody has come out to see it. I'm surprised. I thought it would go fast at this price. Maybe they're afraid of California smog. Maybe no one wants a vert. I don't really know what's going on. My last H/C/I hatchback sold for $6,500 without much effort 2 years ago.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Those cameras are nothing by money grabbers. In the future, I plan to spend some time sabotaging them. I'd prefer it if they end up costing those greedy bastards money.

When they had in Ohio, I got a ticket in the mail and my only options were to pay the fine, turn in someone else if I wasn't driving (WTF? Is that my job?), or go to arbitration. I couldn't even go to traffic court. If I wanted to appeal arbitration, the first stop was the appellate court. That seems crazy and unconstitutional to me. I've heard that Ohio legislators banned cameras across the state.

We have stoplight cameras here, I drive a lot of cars with no tags on them and I bet they have a collection of pics with me waving as I blow the right hand turns, and no I am not using all my fingers.

Dialing :pop:

Those cameras are nothing by money grabbers. In the future, I plan to spend some time sabotaging them. I'd prefer it if they end up costing those greedy bastards money.

You should join me in my quest to perfect, "The Gimbals Mounted, Driver Deployed, Paintball Mini-Gun" or "TehGehMeh DuhDuh PeeMeeGun" for short (we're working on it). I think it would be good to include an algorithm that detects, identifies, and paints all Nanny-State devices (bright, Dayglow Orange or maybe pink :chin ).

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Nobody likes the cameras , we all agree on that . Resorting to crimes is not the answer though - the owners of the cameras have endless pockets and will fix them - then just pass on the cost by raising fines . Just got to be constantly on the lookout for them , so far they are easy to spot -

I’d never put a dollar Into stock heads or even GT40 heads just not worth it .

You can find used afr or tfs170s at decent prices.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone - $2,800 for heads is way out of my range on a $4000 car - but I get what you are saying -

I had to chuckle a little bit.

Mine would [never] be worth selling. I could buy 5 running Fox bodies with what I have in motor. :nonono:

Never mind what I'll put into it once my house is built :rlaugh:

• Loved It!
Thanks everyone - $2,800 for heads is way out of my range on a $4000 car - but I get what you are saying -
Modding any fox is usually a losing battle financially.
Most of us do it because we want to, not because it's wise, i'd almost go as far as to say modding is why people buy foxes in the first place.
I'd also say that when most of us started we didn't just run out and buy 5 grand worth of parts. We collected them over time on sale or used and when we had all the parts, the car was put together. Takes some of the sting out of just emptying your bank account all at once.

If you want bang for your buck and added value, do big brakes with 94/95 spindles, rear discs and a maximum motorsports suspension setup. I don't trust sellers when it comes to engines, but suspension and brakes are pretty obvious.

Reactions: 1 users
If this is what you have in mind ($2k on a $4k car), it *might* be cheaper to buy a car that's already built. Then again, you're taking risk of getting one with issues.

I'm on the wrong side of the country, but to use an example, I'm selling a vert with H/C/I and probably around 270rwhp. I have it listed at $5k, and all I'm getting are talkers. Nobody has come out to see it. I'm surprised. I thought it would go fast at this price. Maybe they're afraid of California smog. Maybe no one wants a vert. I don't really know what's going on. My last H/C/I hatchback sold for $6,500 without much effort 2 years ago.

It's gotta be the convertible aspect. They sit for weeks for sale where I live here, but every coupe or hatch is gone in less than a week.

It's gotta be the convertible aspect. They sit for weeks for sale where I live here, but every coupe or hatch is gone in less than a week.
I do like fox verts, but i think people are afraid of them.
I'd buy a low mileage saleen vert, but that's probably it. Every one of them i see it a rusted out, neglected rattletrap. Once people let the roof get all torn up, it's all over...
All i can think is money pit (not in the good fun enjoyable way).

I do like fox verts, but i think people are afraid of them.
I'd buy a low mileage saleen vert, but that's probably it. Every one of them i see it a rusted out, neglected rattletrap. Once people let the roof get all torn up, it's all over...
All i can think is money pit (not in the good fun enjoyable way).

I'd have no issue buying a convertible...even an AOD, but I say that having a modified 5-spd hatch in my garage. If this was to be my only fox body...different story.

I've been craving a 90-93 GT convertible and would even buy an Auto. I like the idea of having a stock 5.0 to just cruise around with and the fact that nobody wants them means I can pick up a clean one for probably $4-5K or so.

I'd love a Saleen, but they go for crazy money here

Edit: nevermind. I see they want $10k for an AOD convertible as well on CL

Last edited:
8A30B3B4-415A-403A-8893-C4B2A6702D0D.jpeg
8A30B3B4-415A-403A-8893-C4B2A6702D0D.jpeg
F1F0380A-2C60-4AE7-8E7B-954B8A8C6038.jpeg
6999C08C-C126-4E69-A6A8-E430943EBCF2.jpeg