Brakes Stock fox front brakes with sn95 rear

claypoolxx

Oct 13, 2013
Hi all. Just bought my first fox. Moved over from a c5 z06. First autocross should be interesting.

I’ve done some searching and I think I may have found the info I need but was hoping that someone could just confirm it for me.

Unfortunately the car needs a rear that I didn’t know of. Was planning on doing suspension this year and upgrade to 5 lug and disc brakes next year but here we are.

I found a complete rear out of a 94 for cheap. If I use those rear brakes, can I keep my stock fronts and just get the lsc rotors for the 5 lug swap up front? I think the sn95 front calipers are a little larger, but if I swap to a 94 master cylinder would it be close enough?

I thought that I could use something like hawk hp+ up front and hps in the rear to help balance it out.

I would like to upgrade to the larger front brakes eventually, but this wasn’t a planned expense right now so I’m hoping that it can work for a bit.

Also with the rear being wider can I use 2005+ rims in the back with the higher backspacing and get sn95 backspaced rims for the front. Was hoping to go 18x9 all around.

Yes, you can do this.

WIth the 60mm front calipers (vs SN95 66mm calipers) you'll want to run a slightly smaller MC. 1' 93 cobra MC would be my choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't forget the brake prop valve. Either aftermarket adjustable one or the right OEM. Quick question, how are you planning to plumb the rear brake tubing. Any 94-04 disc brake rear with ABS will run individual brake lines to each rear wheel. Non-ABS cars used the same set up as the Fox did with a single line to the rear, a single flex line in the center and split the fluid along the rear axle. I went this way with a MC and prop valve from a '01 Non ABS car, changed the Fox fittings into the prop valve and used the factory Fox tubing to the wheels. I would think if you used a 94/95 non-ABS MC and prop valve you should be good to go as well.

94-95 Mustangs were all single line to the rear and used a 3-channel ABS system. They didn' go 4-channel until 1996. Just gut the stock prop valve and run the typical adjustable unit on the firewall.

Brake bias with the Fox stock and 94GT rear disks is 72.5% front/27.5% rear which is quite good.

Any fancy fittings that you now that I'll need or just typical stuff? My buddy that's helping me have a flare tool and many of the more regular fittings, but if there is something unique to this he probably won't have it. I was looking at the proportioning valve from max motorsports, unless there is something that works better.