Brakes Stock fox front brakes with sn95 rear

claypoolxx

Oct 13, 2013
Hi all. Just bought my first fox. Moved over from a c5 z06. First autocross should be interesting.

I’ve done some searching and I think I may have found the info I need but was hoping that someone could just confirm it for me.

Unfortunately the car needs a rear that I didn’t know of. Was planning on doing suspension this year and upgrade to 5 lug and disc brakes next year but here we are.

I found a complete rear out of a 94 for cheap. If I use those rear brakes, can I keep my stock fronts and just get the lsc rotors for the 5 lug swap up front? I think the sn95 front calipers are a little larger, but if I swap to a 94 master cylinder would it be close enough?

I thought that I could use something like hawk hp+ up front and hps in the rear to help balance it out.

I would like to upgrade to the larger front brakes eventually, but this wasn’t a planned expense right now so I’m hoping that it can work for a bit.

Also with the rear being wider can I use 2005+ rims in the back with the higher backspacing and get sn95 backspaced rims for the front. Was hoping to go 18x9 all around.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, you can do this.

WIth the 60mm front calipers (vs SN95 66mm calipers) you'll want to run a slightly smaller MC. 1' 93 cobra MC would be my choice.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Don't forget the brake prop valve. Either aftermarket adjustable one or the right OEM. Quick question, how are you planning to plumb the rear brake tubing. Any 94-04 disc brake rear with ABS will run individual brake lines to each rear wheel. Non-ABS cars used the same set up as the Fox did with a single line to the rear, a single flex line in the center and split the fluid along the rear axle. I went this way with a MC and prop valve from a '01 Non ABS car, changed the Fox fittings into the prop valve and used the factory Fox tubing to the wheels. I would think if you used a 94/95 non-ABS MC and prop valve you should be good to go as well.

94-95 Mustangs were all single line to the rear and used a 3-channel ABS system. They didn' go 4-channel until 1996. Just gut the stock prop valve and run the typical adjustable unit on the firewall.

Brake bias with the Fox stock and 94GT rear disks is 72.5% front/27.5% rear which is quite good.

94-95 Mustangs were all single line to the rear and used a 3-channel ABS system. They didn' go 4-channel until 1996. Just gut the stock prop valve and run the typical adjustable unit on the firewall.

Brake bias with the Fox stock and 94GT rear disks is 72.5% front/27.5% rear which is quite good.

Any fancy fittings that you now that I'll need or just typical stuff? My buddy that's helping me have a flare tool and many of the more regular fittings, but if there is something unique to this he probably won't have it. I was looking at the proportioning valve from max motorsports, unless there is something that works better.

I think I have it all. Going to get 93 cobra r m/c from rock auto. Adjustable proportioning valve and valve plug at max motorsports. The mustang brake line adapter from American muscle. https://lmr.com/item/MM-MMBAK3/87-93-Mustang-Brake-Line-Adapter-For-93-Cobra-Master-Cylinder

Is this the thing for the 3 to 2 conversion?

DETAILS | DESCRIPTION | CUSTOMER PHOTOS | REVIEWS
made-usa.png

mm-mmbak3_8007.jpg