Stock T4M0 Maf vs Stock J4J1

m0l0

Nov 20, 2005
Hi there all :SNSign:

Well I am back on the tuning bussines fixed the oil leak ( rtv works wonders ) finally ive got the J4J1 cal woking fine ( excellent idle btw much better than t4m0) well how ever everything is woking fine but i compared both cals and ive realized that the cobra cal is leaner in all the maf transfer, and i think this is what is making the tweecer seeing some 16 - 17 lean spikes even on CL but the eec seems to be fine because its even pulling fuel and not adding this is arround 3500-4000 rpms standing ive richened all the maf transfer but it seem that any way is even pulling fuel on CL and on some spikes @ 16-17 on both lambse1 and lambse2 , that is something that i never saw on the T4M0 always nice and steady 14.7 on all the Rpm band on CL, other thing i noted on the cobra cal is that CL stops working arround 4000rpms+ open loop , well i am sharing some thoughts here and experiences on this matter , i dont know if any of you have the same lean spikes on the cobra cal

• Sponsors (?)

When I ran the stock meter I used the t4m0 curve with the j4j1 file.

The j4j1 curve did not give me enough room and I pegged it.

I'd load in the t4m0 curve and leave it as is.

Use EA and your inj values for a stable C L tune.

You may need a small maf curve tweec here and there
but
I suggest you get it as close as you can with the inj value method before you hack around on the curve.

Grady

Thanks Grady as always nice support , well ive just bought the EA i am waiting right now the activation from Clint, so i will start tuning with EA at last , i thought that option , copying the t4m0 maf to the j4j1 i will do it as soon as i get home, hoever i am a little worried on my injectors breakpoint and battery offset i will try other calibrations as soon as i have the EA working! :nice:

Off topic , but i am worried on the EA license , what will happens if I reinstall windows! will my acitvation will be lost or what , somebody has already done it , or just an email to Clint will solve this.

m0l0 said:
Thanks Grady as always nice support , well ive just bought the EA i am waiting right now the activation from Clint, so i will start tuning with EA at last , i thought that option , copying the t4m0 maf to the j4j1 i will do it as soon as i get home, hoever i am a little worried on my injectors breakpoint and battery offset i will try other calibrations as soon as i have the EA working! :nice:

Off topic , but i am worried on the EA license , what will happens if I reinstall windows! will my acitvation will be lost or what , somebody has already done it , or just an email to Clint will solve this.

First of all ...............

I kinda hosed up my wording in the post above :(

It should have read the j4j1 curve did not give me enough room
I corrected the error for peeps later on just in case they search out that info.

I'd start with the normal genreic inj values of 30 low, 36 high, and offsets for 30's.

For a breakpoint, you just need to get in the ball park to start out. I did not find a lot of diff between various values.

Heres a idea ... You could look at the t4m0, j4j1, mine, and maybe some of the other guys might give you their values. Pick one or maybe an average between them all :shrug:

Now the offsets ...
At least for me ... they made a fairly big difference

As for the EA concern ..........
Can't you get that long code you sent Cling and copy it to a floppy, thumb drive, cd, etc before you do the work to your pc and just put it back when you are through.

Then again, you might be able to find info about that on his site
http://eecanalyzer.webhop.net/

If not, I'd email him before doing the pc thing

Now that I think about it :D

You might try my values for inj's since we both run 30's :shrug:
however
IF YOU DO IT ... You need to use all of them and not part of them as my values are kind of a mix between several files :rlaugh:

Use the following:

min pw
low/high slope
breakpoint
offsets

Grady

Thanks Grady again!

Well yes i was kinda :shrug: when ive read that the T4M0 would be short on flow, but i kinda ignored since the las run i made @ WOT i didnt exceed 800 cfm @ 6000 WOT so i am still with room to play so far i have no concerns of pegging the maf , as using you inj values :p i copied you hehe i am using your breakpoints , battery offset , etc from you as a test , also i used my previous stuff ( working flawlessly on T4m0 ), and ive almost got the same results, ohh well i will try EA and will post results :nice: , i am thinking in redoing my tune from scratch again just to test some more stuff :)

:OT: Congrats on :SNSign: Admin(s) , nice theme upgrade! :nice: :nice: