Strange connector near fuse box

W4rl0ck

New Member
Sep 23, 2026
3
0
1
MX
Hi everyone, I’m currently restoring my old 3.8 Mustang. I found a strange single-pin connector with two black wires with white stripes crimped into it. I can’t find where it is supposed to be connected, or if it is actually a ground connection.

It is located near the fuse box.

I’ve attached some photos. Any help identifying this connector and what it is supposed to connect to would be greatly appreciated.

It's a 1996 V6.
IMAGE1.webp

IMAGE2.webp



Thanks a lot
 
Nothing nearby. I found thi photo in ebay. Anyone can check in your car if this connector are plugged in something?.
I had access to Alldata diagrams but I not find this connector. I suspect the colors indicate that this wires are GND but i dont know. Add the diagram.
s-l1600-3.webp
Captura de pantalla 2026-09-25 a la(s) 3.49.57 a.m..webp
 
Hi, mystery solved. This strange connector is the Pin connector to test the washer pump haha. I performed continuity measurements on connector C107 and, with the help of that dumb ChatGPT and Alldata, I finally found the correct diagram.

Well, now it's knowed: if anyone sees that connector near the fuse box, they'll know it's for checking the washer pump.

Thanks to those who replied—love you guys.

connector washerpump.webp
 
Oh ya I actually asked about that same connector on my own fox in my progress thread. Didn’t recognize it without the actual plastic connector around the metal ‘innards’.