Engine Strange Issue 94 Gt 5spd, Losing Power, No Codes

tfalconier

Aug 29, 2002
Hey guys, have a 94 GT 5 speed, 112k miles, im working on, car has under drive pullies, bbk shorties, Borla catback and cold air intake and 3.55s Also has fresh autolites, cap, rotor, walbro 255 I put in last year. Checked fuel pressure at idle, spot on, cleaned Maf, cleaned tb, tps voltage is good, throttle body and egr cleaned, checked timing, dead on. Swapped new reman ECM in, no change

car has a very strange problem, car starts up and runs fine, no check engine light, it does turn over a few times before firing though. Car just doesnt have power though, won't even break the tires loose from a 5mph roll. And just doesn't pull hard at all. No check engine light, not pinging, no weird noises, just is very sluggish and revs slow. i know these cars aren't power houses but something is wrong.. Any guesses?

• Sponsors (?)

Bad coil maybe? If everything you've checked is truly spot-on, and you have decent compression and aren't burning a ton of oil, that's all I could think that would make the car sluggish and hard to start without necessarily causing other driveability problems or throwing codes. It wouldn't hurt to check the condition of your O2 sensors, if they're originals consider replacing them. Vacuum leaks can also contribute. After that you could run a cylinder balance test to see if you have one or more dead cylinders -- fuel injectors wear out over time too. Just guesses as you mention. Good luck!