• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Paint and Body Stripping A Car For Paint/body

  • Thread starter Thread starter ONESLO2V
  • Start date Start date May 31, 2016
O

ONESLO2V

Member
Mar 3, 2016
12
1
13
Pinehurst, NC
May 31, 2016
#1
  • May 31, 2016
  • #1
I know there are some paint/body guys and gals on here. I'm hoping to get my car into the body shop some time this year and I'm looking for some advice on how to strip down the car (exterior only) to facilitate less work from the body shop staff. I know my way around the exterior of the car fairly well. Would it benefit the shop of choosing for me to pull fenders, hood, bumpers, etc. or should I just leave it as a whole? I'll even go so far as to remove doors, trim pieces... Hell...want me to pull the glass, I'll do it.
 

Az Pete

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
711
18
49
Panama City, Fl.
May 31, 2016
#2
  • May 31, 2016
  • #2
You can usually do all that you want to. If there are any parts lost, it is on you. If the shop I not real familiar with the type car you have, assembly may be an issue. I highly recommend finding the shop you want to use, then discuss with them how to proceed with tear down. I have done it both ways.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Need body/paint shop in san jose area
  • FordFan
  • Nov 13, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
779
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Nov 21, 2025
Noobz347
M
Paint and Body Restoration prob
  • Magnet86
  • Jul 17, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
212
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2025
2000xp8
5
Hello fellow Mustang fanatics.
  • 580HP*428Cj
  • Apr 2, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
4
Views
303
The Welcome Wagon Aug 18, 2026
josep4
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
333
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
Fox Is the fox market for average cars crashing in your area?
  • rednotch
  • Oct 2, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
627
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 13, 2025
FastDriver
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?