Strong block for a 347

I dont want to be ignorant but you need to decide on the intentions of the combo you want which is sounds like you have some ideas, then if you truly want to build the motor yourself you need to do some research...there is a lot more to building a motor then just assembling it. That is a major reason you see such a wide range of ET's on the strokers, some 347's run 10's, some run 13's.

Pushrod length is different on every motor, deck height, gasket thickness, head milling etc all effect the length.

Rear gear, weight, tranny style all need to be taken into consideration when putting a combo together. The proper runner length intake means a lot when matched to a proper cam profile.

PJC You'll be very happy with the Team Z suspension, Dave is a great guy and awesome fabricator. The parts and design is second to none.

My intenions are to run 10's and still be able to cruise the streets, BUT I have decided against swaping back to regular suspension. I am going to keep it drag, so the suspension will stay the same. The motor is still going to be the same as what I talked about.

• Sponsors (?)

Rick,

Is that just the new production of BOSS blocks or does that include the 69-70 blocks? I know that they made some "improvements" with the new castings.... I don't remember the deck height being any shorter but then again it was several years ago when I built my BOSS 347.

Mike

Mike it is the new BOSS blocks and it is the bottom end of the cylinder that is shorter, they do not extend down into the main cavity as far.

I still need to take some pictures. But after disassembling the motor last night I found out what the problem was. One of the piston rods broke in half and twisted it sideways like a twizzler, which then slammed the piston into the block and broke the block around that cylinder sleeve, THEN it gauged up the camshaft and crank in a small spot. So pretty much it destroyed everything and nothing can really be saved in the bottom end :(