Strut tower brace

23Newb

Jul 23, 2023
Has anyone found a upper strut tower brace that works for the 2.3 turbo? Most of the products state that they wont work for 2.3 applications due to alternator issues, so thought it best to ask before starting to make something fit

Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I know some have had issues with the Maximum Motorsports unit just barely touching the top of the alternator and translating a lot of noise. It’s possible you could install a small case 3G alternator and get the necessary clearance. Not a huge gain in amps (75 vs 90) but if it is 1/2” smaller in diameter I think the brace would fit.

Thanks Aero! I pulled the AC compressor off so might look at moving an alternator down there for clearance. WIll check out the bracketry tomorrow, and maybe order the MM bar

Reactions: 1 users
Update - the AC brackets will definitely work with some modifications, but the AC compressor sticks out further than the Alternator would so have to build spacers to move it out in line with the rest of the serpentine belt. Will get it all mocked up and see if it is just easier to build a new bracket as trying to find the correct Pinto or Ranger assembly is like a dog chasing their own tail.

After seeing all the aftermarket support the for 5.0 the lack of 2.3 support is really surprising!!

Lol Aero it is funny because it is true. My original plan was 5.0 but had the drivetrain from the turbo coupe and knew how much power could be made with turbos after playing with my Audi so why the hell not.

Something that is unique, the struggles will make it that more loved when done!

When I get this sorted and find a way to get pictures online will let people see my failures till it gets figured out

VENT OVER! Haha

Reactions: 1 user