STUPID CAR!!!! (Cuts off)

MY Cobra

Mar 22, 2004
Franklin NC
My car will stall when i come to a stop light or stop sign. I pull it out of gear and coast to the stop sign or stop light. I get there and my idel is nothing. Rpms just go down to zero. WTF. This happend twice today. I put a new battery in the other day. any ideas on what it could be? In order to not stall i have to keep the clutch pushed to the floor. I can have it in gear or not in gear and it does not matter. Just a slong as the clutch is to the floor then i will not stall. thanks in advance for your thoughs about what it is and how to fix it.

• Sponsors (?)

How do i clean the IAC? what do i use and all of that good stuff. I recently took a "cold air induction" off of my friend 99 GT it had a 90 degree bend. i put the bottom part on (from the MAS down) would the 90 degree angle have anything to do with the IAC? or this problem? would you put the stock one back on?

Can't hurt to clean or replace the IAC. Also, check all your intake hoses, etc. Grease monkies at Jiffy Lube unplugged one of mine last time I was there and that caused my GT to stall. Good luck!

Carb cleaner should work fine. Just make sure it's dry before you reattach it. Hope that's obvious. ;) I bought a new one for ~$50 at NAPA. Don't know about the Cobra though. Not sure about that bend either. You could try taking it back to stock and see if that fixes things. May cause more turbulence in there than you need. :shrug:

XTONKAX said:
Carb cleaner should work fine. Just make sure it's dry before you reattach it. Hope that's obvious. ;) I bought a new one for ~$50 at NAPA. Don't know about the Cobra though. Not sure about that bend either. You could try taking it back to stock and see if that fixes things. May cause more turbulence in there than you need. :shrug:

Good advice. If it is the IAC, cleaning it is only a temporary fix. Go to NAPA and purchase one for about $50. It took only a few mins to replace it.