Stupid question....headlight install

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Ok, I baught some nice new shiny headlights to replace my old yellow ones...anyways...started messing around with the car and noticed for the main headlight, the top bolt wont, or looks like it wont come off because the what looks to be air bag sensor is in the way, it looks like its way to close and the bolt will not slide off...for some reason I didnt have this problem with my gt...I know alot have installed headlights, so what do I need to do?

• Sponsors (?)

I just unbolted the sensor and moved it so I could get the bolt off. It wasn't that hard at all. It took me less time to to change all 6 lights on the pony then change on bulb on my moms van(grumblestupidgmengineersgrumble)

Make that the last of the 3 nuts that you remove. Break it loose, and as you start to unthread it, pull the headlamp housing out towards the front of the car, unthreading the nut the entire time. You'll have enough room to remove the nut and install it in the same order by slowly pushing the lamp in and threading the nut onto the stud. Takes a little longer, but it works just fine.

ss93cobra said:
Make that the last of the 3 nuts that you remove. Break it loose, and as you start to unthread it, pull the headlamp housing out towards the front of the car, unthreading the nut the entire time. You'll have enough room to remove the nut and install it in the same order by slowly pushing the lamp in and threading the nut onto the stud. Takes a little longer, but it works just fine.

Do it this way. You will not need to remove the sensor just take that nut off last as you pull the headlamp forward. It's easy once you get in there and do it. Good luck :nice: BTW - I'm going to send you a PM to update you on my crazy story.