Sub frame connector Question

• Sponsors (?)

I've got full length...never had standard, but when I did my research I was led to believe that there was a pretty good difference, which is why I went this route. My MM full length SFC's kick ass

from what i have understood.... the difference you noticed going from nothing to standard subframes is less then the difference of feeling when going from standard to full length. biggest reason being that there is a lot of empty space on the standards when compared to connected area. full lengths are larger and longer with a large connection area.

if you are trying to beat around if its worth it or not. yes.

Torinalth

OK

Standard Subframe Connectors, 1994-04, powdercoated (full length)
attachment.php

or

attachment.php

Subframe Connectors, XL Full Length, 1994-04, PC

Dont mean to hijack the thread or anything, but are some of these bolt in, or are they all weld in SFC's? I can definatly feel some looseness in the car that I would love to get taken care of.

some companies do many bolt in (think griggs has a bolt in floor mount) but you really want welded on. otherwise you come back to the entire nuts backing off and other looseness comming from there being a bolt to wallow out a hole, vs having a beaded seam of metal to come apart.

Torinalth

Well,
I'm not sure this helps, but I have a 04 convertible, and it came with bolt-on subs (not full length) from Ford...I replaced them with Global West full-length ladder subgframe connectors (welded) ... it's basically another car now...

BooWFO said:
I've got std SFC's and have zero issues.
Now I have toyed with the idea of cutting them back off and letting my chassis guy put a set of his under there with some nice jacking plates. :D

I don't really have any issues other than I still have more flex than I would like.

I have had zero issues with my steeda's. They are full length and came with the rear torque box welding plates. I tried to put underbody coating on the welds to preserve them from rust... didnt work too well, what do you guys use?

DSC01907.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01907.jpg
    DSC01907.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC01914.jpg
    DSC01914.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01913.jpg
    DSC01913.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 95
What would be the advantage of getting powder coated sub frame connectors over bare steel? I think Im going to get these for my next upgrade. How hard are they to install or how much would the average shop charge to install them?

Powder coated = rust protection pretty much. Uncoated they are open to the elements. Up north with the road salt winters and whatnot rust is an issue, but around where I live (the south) we enjoy rust free cars and trucks...:D

And OT... but looking at those pics above makes you realize how crappy and restrictive the stock exhaust is. Dang... 4 cats, and the H pipe doesnt look like it would even do its job. X PIPE FTW!!!