sub

so i finally got to install my made tyte alpine type R 10 haha and thanks to JR i got a bazooka el 1500 amp (thanks for the deal man!) but i did have a question i just got home from driving around for about 45 mins (havent had bass in a while) and the amp is real hot i think maybe i dont have a good enuff ground, does anyone know where i should ground this thing in the trunk or anything else to make this puppy cooler? well heres a pic and thanks for any replies.

sub.jpg

Attachments

• sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Sponsors (?)

I had a problem with my Rockford 75x4 amp in my old 00' Mustang coupe overheating in the summer time. It would get incredibly hot and then just cut out. I used to fold down the rear seat to give it some air and it'd be fine. The thing that bothered me though was I had an MTX 500w D class amp right next to the Rockford and it was fine, never overheated. I guess some amps are just better at discipating heat.

You might want to try moving the sub box to the left giving the amp a little more room to breath.

make sure it is wired right, I had mine bridged to my sub wrong and it was causing my amp to run at 1ohm (man it sounded loud) but it almsot blew my amp. it got really hot.

make sure shes wired right. what ohm is your sub? DVC?