Super sentimental stang cant get fluid to rear brakes help!

Please forgive any mistakes, im new here...
Anyway, my father and i never agreed on anything growing up, except for mustangs. Its become our only way to bond or not fight, only way i can make him proud. I was in a minor wreck in the car, brakes locked up i rear ended someone, afterwards, removed the rear tires and i was missing a brake pad, and removed calipers and had one piston overextend and simply fell out effortlessly. I replaced the whole caliper, and now cant get fluid to tge rear calipers, please help! Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Ok. Any ABS lights on? Does your model have traction control? The fact that your brakes locked up makes me wonder if the ABS system has a fault, or you have a blockage int he system. I had ABS on my 03 GT and it worked quite well. The system never let the brakes lock up.

When you say you are unable to get fluid to the rear brakes, you mean pressing the pedal down with the bleeder open doesn't produce any fluid at the rear calipers?

The way the brake system is plumbed, there are two lines out of the MC that pass through a combination valve, and then go to the ABS pump. At the pump, you have 2 lines going in (front and rear) and then 4 lines coming out to the rear brakes.

The challenge is identifying where the blockage is in the system. Brake hoses are known to collapse and severly restrict the flow to the caliper. Also the combination valve under the master cylinder is also known to corrode inside when the brake fluid isn't regularly flushed and causes blockage to occur.

Long story short, you should work at the rear of the car and move forward and crack a line open while someone presses on the pedal to se if fluid begins to flow.

Short of seeing the car in person, hard to diagnose beyond that.

Ok. Any ABS lights on? Does your model have traction control? The fact that your brakes locked up makes me wonder if the ABS system has a fault, or you have a blockage int he system. I had ABS on my 03 GT and it worked quite well. The system never let the brakes lock up.

When you say you are unable to get fluid to the rear brakes, you mean pressing the pedal down with the bleeder open doesn't produce any fluid at the rear calipers?

The way the brake system is plumbed, there are two lines out of the MC that pass through a combination valve, and then go to the ABS pump. At the pump, you have 2 lines going in (front and rear) and then 4 lines coming out to the rear brakes.

The challenge is identifying where the blockage is in the system. Brake hoses are known to collapse and severly restrict the flow to the caliper. Also the combination valve under the master cylinder is also known to corrode inside when the brake fluid isn't regularly flushed and causes blockage to occur.

Long story short, you should work at the rear of the car and move forward and crack a line open while someone presses on the pedal to se if fluid begins to flow.

Short of seeing the car in person, hard to diagnose beyond that.
Ive replaced rear calipers, master cyl, and tomorrow im changing combination valve, no fluid comes out of the rear when brakes are pressed in, im thinking that when the brake pad was lost, i braked heavily, brake piston overextends since no pad, abs lock my valve to prevent fluid to tge rear to give front more stopping power and got stuck blocking flow to the rear

Ive replaced rear calipers, master cyl, and tomorrow im changing combination valve, no fluid comes out of the rear when brakes are pressed in, im thinking that when the brake pad was lost, i braked heavily, brake piston overextends since no pad, abs lock my valve to prevent fluid to tge rear to give front more stopping power and got stuck blocking flow to the rear
No traction control, yes abs lights on, thank you for replying!

There is a way to pull them by using a jumper wire and counting the blinks. However it’s been a number of years since I’ve worked on an SN95 so you’ll have to googke that method for yourself. Might be a YouTube video on it. I imagine other fords from same time period use the same setup.

my guess?

prop valve is corroded internally and the rear line port from the valve to the abs pump is blocked. Abs code is due to the blocked line.

pulling the code might help confirm that, or it could be something else.

could also be a failed pump.

There is a way to pull them by using a jumper wire and counting the blinks. However it’s been a number of years since I’ve worked on an SN95 so you’ll have to googke that method for yourself. Might be a YouTube video on it. I imagine other fords from same time period use the same setup.

my guess?

prop valve is corroded internally and the rear line port from the valve to the abs pump is blocked. Abs code is due to the blocked line.

pulling the code might help confirm that, or it could be something else.

could also be a failed pump.
Thats my thoughts as well about the proportioning valve. I have another valve from an 03 coupe that works, could i simply swap it with the bad one on my 04 convertible?