Supercharger On 50th Anniversary

Marco renteria

Dec 20, 2016
so I have a 50th anniversary gt automatic. I was thinking about supercharging it. Would it lose collectors value? It's all stock now except exhaust and intake. I was thinking not to mess with body. Thoughts

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Not in my opinion. Same question was asked when the 35th anniversary edition came out, then the 40th, then the 45th.....

Really no premium of a clean 35th over a standard 1999 GT these days.

Reactions: 1 user

Attachments

• IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    398.2 KB · Views: 205
I may be a bit different that the norm but yes, my car had a Vortech setup on it at just 200 miles and within a week or so of owning the car. No regrets! As far as collector value goes, cars are a terrible investment. I can't imagine a modern day car every appreciating in value to the point some of the older classic cars have.

Reactions: 1 users
so I have a 50th anniversary gt automatic. I was thinking about supercharging it. Would it lose collectors value? It's all stock now except exhaust and intake. I was thinking not to mess with body. Thoughts
If you're going to put it in a climate controlled storage building for the next 50 years and then re-sell it; it matters.

If you're going to drive it for 3-5 years then sell it or trade it in, it doesn't matter one bit. It will depreciate the same as any other driven car.

I bought a bone-stock 2009 Mustang GT/CS with 16k miles in 2014. The price difference between it and the base 2010 GT with similar miles next to it? $1000. The GT/CS was a limited edition as well, and that car was 1 of less than 1000 with it's particular set of options.

Check with your dealers and others. This is a numbered and signed limited edition. It WILL make a difference if you modify it. This is much more limited than the other cars referred to Just don't do it!

What about... If he used a supercharger kit from Ford Racing?
Then it could be genuine (kinda) Ford parts on his numbered collectible ? Sorta like a dealer installed option(kinda)
FWIW, the Roush blower can be dealer installed (by some, not all dealers) and still maintain the factory power-train warranty. A lot of guys were bundling the Roush phase 1 blower system into the finiancing of the cars when new so they could afford them. Sharp marketing campaign if you ask me!