supercharger or twin turbo

stangandy

May 5, 2004
Well with all the recent problems I have been dealing with in my car, I am starting to second guess whether or not I want to even attempt to twin turbo my mustang. I already have 2 t3 turbos good up to 20 lbs or so to go with my 347 stroker. Now I want something that will allow me to boost up to 20 lbs for sure but if I were to get a supercharger, want one that will boost 25+. Which should I go with and will be able to create more power with? A super in theory will just bolt right in whereas the turbos you have to fabricate stuff to make them work. Now all things being equal which should I go with, and Im not worried about block or anything else that will break just want to know which would be the better bet to go with as far as capabilities. If you guys think super then which supercharger is the best thing for what I am looking for. Want to be able to boost 25-30 max capable and how much does it cost for it? The sad thing is I already have everything for my turbos just need an intercooler. Also what is a good fmu to be looking at????

• Sponsors (?)

As far as absolute power, turbos will outpower a blower. But that's only if you have the right ones. I'm not a big turbo buff, but I'm wondering why in the world you'd want to run that much friggin boost anyway. If it's a race car only, then I could see that, but a streetcar would run better if you keep the combo a little more milder. I'd say go with the turbos if you already have everything for them, but just be realistic when it comes to your tune. 20 pounds of boost sounds cool, but changing head gaskets all the time isn't. Just my opinion.

well it is an everyday driver, but I want to race it at the track. on the street I am only gonna plan on running 6-8 lbs but I want the capabilities of running 25 lbs at the track if I get the wild hair too. All I am wondering is what is the better bet if I want to run 8 lbs on the street and then bump it to 25. Ive got everything else covered, dart block, probe 347 stroker all forged with dished pistons and a tremec tranny that will be able to hold (if they make one)

Turbos cost more? No way. There are good deals on turbo kits everywhere, look around. Turbos are perfect because you can run low boost on the street, and still be faster than the supercharger guys, and at the touch of a button you can really crank it at the track. Enough of what we say though. Go to www.turbomustangs.com , joint the site, post, learn, look at the classifieds. L8z.