Supercharger Question

I dont even have a supercharger, but am i wrong when i say there are a limited amount of them for the 95 gt. All i can find is the vortech models for like 3500 minimum. Which, hey i understand. Ive got a buddy with a procharger, and his stang is in the shop all the time. Im such a cheap ass, im thinking of buying a turbo setup and just bolting it on for some instant gratification. Dont know.
I finally landed a real job, so now the fun can begin.
I know it takes serious bucks to build the cars some of you guys have.
If you got some realistic options, pump em out to me.
I can take constructive criticism also
Ive been told before i have pipe dreams

• Sponsors (?)

http://bgturbokits.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_1&products_id=106

+ 42lb injectors, 255lph pump, 85-90mm tuneable maf, custom y split to catback.

Oh and install (if not yourself) + tune.

Generally you'll pull more hp per psi with a turbo than blower from what I've seen on 5.0's... less stress if your running 450hp with less pressure (psi) in your engine is my thinking. And before boost you'll get decent MPG and easy cruising (police) mode.

Last edited:
the big draw towards turbochargers is that they are less stressful to the engine, they simply run off exhaust emitted. A supercharger is belt driven from the crank. Superchargers pretty much bolt right on, turbo's, not so much

http://bgturbokits.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_1&products_id=106

Generally you'll pull more hp per psi with a turbo than blower from what I've seen on 5.0's... less stress if your running 450hp with less pressure (psi) in your engine is my thinking. And before boost you'll get decent MPG and easy cruising (police) mode.
The car

Thanks again dacon for the info. 42lb injectors? Damn thats alot. Thats not too much is it. Or is the theory stay big that way you can just control the pressure.
Not saying i heard different.

the big draw towards turbochargers is that they are less stressful to the engine, they simply run off exhaust emitted. A supercharger is belt driven from the crank. Superchargers pretty much bolt right on, turbo's, not so much
Madspeed, i saw on another thread you have a on3 turbo. Its more in my budget than anything else ive seen. You say you like it, which reassures me that it will last a while. You say three years so far, thats good for me. Did you install yourself? What if any challenges did you encounter or overcome

42lbs max out near 500whp, as does the stock fuel pressure regulator. A 7-9psi 67mm turbo will run low to high 400's depending on mods, tune etc.... You might be able to get away with 39's, but most recommendations are for 42lb's when adding decent power/fuel delivery with boost.

Madspeed, i saw on another thread you have a on3 turbo. Its more in my budget than anything else ive seen. You say you like it, which reassures me that it will last a while. You say three years so far, thats good for me. Did you install yourself? What if any challenges did you encounter or overcome
I don't have any 1st hand experience but google seems to think there is a butt-ton of fab work and hit or miss type deal. When buying a turbo "kit" remember to factor in the cost of new injectors, fuel pump, and whatever else.

Not much fab work. The intercooler needs some mounts, which isnt hard to do. I swapped out some of the cold piping, mainly to fit my pmas pro tube maf, and I didnt like the throttle body inlet pipe. I probably have more in other parts such as injectors, maf, tune etc than I do in the turbo kit

Not much fab work. The intercooler needs some mounts, which isnt hard to do. I swapped out some of the cold piping, mainly to fit my pmas pro tube maf, and I didnt like the throttle body inlet pipe. I probably have more in other parts such as injectors, maf, tune etc than I do in the turbo kit

You still run the on3 turbo / wastegate /bov ? Still running good, bearings etc.. ? Have been looking at BG over On3 just for the fact it's a precision wastegate/turbo as opposed to on3's brand which is fairly new.