supercharger

I bought my KB used for 3K. Lots of deals out there if you aren't in a hurry and don't mind looking around every day because the good deals go quick. I bookmarked all my favorite forum used blower pages and looked at them several times a day at work and at home. Then I found mine and from a loca guy even. If you get a KB for 3K, you'll have money for cams, got mine used for $350, and maybe even ported and polished heads, got mine used for $800 and then change your gears to 3:55. I love the KB. I was sitting at a light and some metro-dudes in a convertable Saleen came up and were revving thier car up. So I just punched it in 1st and light em up with my loud a** exhaust and they said "sweet ride" and took a right and when the light turned green I just went about my way with a big smile on my face. Go KB and don't look back. Then again horsepower is never enough. I'm looking at TT setups right now. :)

• Sponsors (?)

I bought my KB used for 3K. Lots of deals out there if you aren't in a hurry and don't mind looking around every day because the good deals go quick. I bookmarked all my favorite forum used blower pages and looked at them several times a day at work and at home. Then I found mine and from a loca guy even. If you get a KB for 3K, you'll have money for cams, got mine used for $350, and maybe even ported and polished heads, got mine used for $800 and then change your gears to 3:55. I love the KB. I was sitting at a light and some metro-dudes in a convertable Saleen came up and were revving thier car up. So I just punched it in 1st and light em up with my loud a** exhaust and they said "sweet ride" and took a right and when the light turned green I just went about my way with a big smile on my face. Go KB and don't look back. Then again horsepower is never enough. I'm looking at TT setups right now. :)

That is some good advice i had thought about looking for a used blower. I have looked at ebay once or twice, could you suggest any good places to look. I might just have to put a new set of gears on. On one hand i feel that i should just wait and not mode im going to get either a gt500 or a corvette in 18-24 months but i really would like to get all i can out of this car, and worry about money to mode a new car when i get it. I suppose if i wait to mode the next thing nothing will ever get done. thanks ever guys

josh

Just go buy the new car. Even with a blower on it you still don't have a six speed, and theres a lot of supporting mods to get the most out of the car. Also, stock 4.6's typically dont do well much above 400 HP at the wheels. Both of those cars you mentioned will go faster, and likely handle better and will brake better. Just buying it would be an upgrade enough... with out the head aches. Belt changes wont be the 5 minute thing they are to you now.

I would by the new car now i just dont have the money, the new car will be a graduation present from my parents. So for now moding what i have will have to do. I do still have the same situation of what to do this time being what type of supercharger next time will be what type of car to get. I can only imagine what kind of problems im going to have then. My dad really likes the 05 gt so thats just one more thing i have to think about. I suppose with all that is going on in the world, and whats been going on in my life over the last couple of years. these are pretty nice problems to have.

thanks
josh

Don't base your supercharger selection (multi-thousand dollar purchase) on what gears (few hundred bucks) you have at the moment. There are big differences between the centri's and the twin screws and even the roots. Decide which you like first, then if you have to change your gears, so be it. You can definately resell the 4.10's.

And don't base it on traction either. You'll learn how to drive the big bad twin screw with time. If traction was such a big deal, they wouldn't make turbo vette's.

I say get the twin screw, cuz that's what I have, and it's insane. Not too much to handle though. I don't think I'd be happy with anything that took longer to make power.

Oh, and assuming you are only interested in intercooled kits, any of these options will waste your friend's SS.
Thanks for you reply. The more i think about it the more a twin screw blower sounds appealing. I would like my car to bet more than just the ss, but that will be great. Im really just looking for a new driving feeling. It would also be nice to give my dads car a good run.

thanks josh

I don't think I'd be happy with anything that took longer to make power.

If you are speaking of turbo lag, there is no such thing anymore if you chose the right turbos. T3/T4's spool up so **** fast with ballbearing upgrades its not funny, with 3.73's or 4.10.s, you would be in the power all the time. All I can say is go to you-tube and watch the kenne bell mustangs vs turbo mustangs and you will see. Everybody has there preference, mine being turbos, and nitrous. I think there easy to do(not as easy as supercharger) and they all ways make more power. I think for what kind of power and cost you are looking for, a supercharger is the best way to go. :nice: