• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

Supercharger

  • Thread starter Thread starter Step90
  • Start date Start date Jul 17, 2018

Step90

New Member
Jul 16, 2018
4
0
1
United States
Jul 17, 2018
#1
  • Jul 17, 2018
  • #1
I’m looking into getting the Whipple installed on my 2015 S550..my only concern is what all parts should I get before I even install that on my ride. I’ve already installed springs and I have the proper wheels for it to handle. Do I need a new drive shaft..half shafts..clutch and flywheel..new fuel injection? I just don’t want to install it and my ride not be able to handle the power and something snap
 

I Bleed Ford Blue

5 Year Member
Feb 13, 2017
416
122
73
North Olmsted OH
Jul 18, 2018
#2
  • Jul 18, 2018
  • #2
If you want to truly be safe, then swap out the MT-82 trans for the much stronger T-56 magnum XL. A complete trans kit will run you about 6K, but you also get the clutch, bellhousing, and new driveshaft. Another 1500 or so will get a set of 800 hp rated half shafts. Unless you plan on pushing the engine output to 1000 hp or more, then the larger injectors that come with the S/C kit will suffice for the fuel system.
 
Reactions: Step90
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
Mustang not starting
  • Dawry Ramos
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 Specific Tech
Replies
10
Views
236
2015 - 2023 Specific Tech Saturday at 9:20 AM
Dawry Ramos
D
L
2006 mustang gt has high clutch bite
  • leevikisley
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
247
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Feb 22, 2026
leevikisley
L
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
451
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
618
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
P
2002 T5 transmission vibration issue
  • puffoo
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
244
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Feb 22, 2026
puffoo
P
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?