Supercharging plans indangered

04GTMustang

Feb 28, 2006
Stafford
Hey guys well about 4 to 5 months ago my dad agreed to pay half for a supercharger for a graduation present. So i saved up the money for it and ive got half already and i talked with my dad yesterday about it and he said he doesnt know if i should get one anymore. My plans were to get the kenne bell 9psi kit or the mongoose novi 2000 kit. Im going to keep talking with him about getting one of these kits though because thats what i really want.

If for some reason though I cant get this kit im going to stay N/A for a while so my question how good are patriot heads anything good for bad about them?? or any suggestions on a good head that i should get. My plan is to put down somewhere in the 300-310rwhp ball park.

Oh and im about to be going to college at radford university in august so i gotta save some money for that as well. But everything that is already saved for the supercharger is getting dumped into the car so ive got about 3gs to spend.

• Sponsors (?)

Scrap the S/C and ask your dad to put you up in your own apt while you're in college. S/C'd stang or my own place to get laid every night without getting interrupted.....:shrug: That's the best head to get.

Just keep saving for a Mongoose kit. If you have 3k then you're only $1k away. Take a look at the Vortech kit too, its a few hundred cheaper and will more than overpower your stock rotating assembly.

To get 300-310rwhp, you will likely spend more than $4k, and still be at 300-ish. For the same price or a little less, you can makea lot more power with a blower kit. Keep saving.

DocG2828 said:
Scrap the S/C and ask your dad to put you up in your own apt while you're in college. S/C'd stang or my own place to get laid every night without getting interrupted.....:shrug: That's the best head to get.

lol thats a good idea but my freshmen year everyone has to stay in a dorm lol. the following year ill have my own appt. yea my goal though with the supercharger is to beat a neon srt4 this summer he has a 50trim turbo setup on that thing everyone thinks he is god when he rolls into the track lol kinda funny actually. he dynoed 400whp with it but with slicks at the 1/8th mile track he can only get an 8.0 budt he traps well at 91. so thats really all im trying to do is beat him lol.

DocG2828 said:
Enjoy freshman year in a dorm. Maybe save that 3k for condoms?

Well if you know radford its a huge party school so i dunno how long 3gs worth of condoms will last.:D

yea this neon is pretty insane though lol i talk with him pretty often but really all i would need would be really any supercharger to beat him unless he goes with race gas cause on 21psi i think he dynoed like 360 and then 27psi and c-16 he dynoed like 410 or something like that. really all i want is a 12 second car

04GTMustang said:
Oh and im about to be going to college at radford university in august so i gotta save some money for that as well. But everything that is already saved for the supercharger is getting dumped into the car so ive got about 3gs to spend.

You spelled "endangered" incorrectly in the title, so save your money for college when you have to hire a tutor. :eek:
Just kidding....
In all seriousness though, if you already have half saved up and dad backs out, I wouldnt worry if you are that set on getting a blower. More than likely you will have some more money coming your way for graduation from other people. Just make sure to invite several members to your open house (ie. rich relatives)

Have fun in college!

FivePointStang said:
You spelled "endangered" incorrectly in the title, so save your money for college when you have to hire a tutor. :eek:
Just kidding....
In all seriousness though, if you already have half saved up and dad backs out, I wouldnt worry if you are that set on getting a blower. More than likely you will have some more money coming your way for graduation from other people. Just make sure to invite several members to your open house (ie. rich relatives)

Have fun in college!

hahaha thanks for the spelling correction:nice: yea i want a blower but what i plan on doing is all the money i have saved up until like i graduate is going into my car and then this summer everything i make is going for college which is mainly just some spending money in college. oh dont worry ive got lots of people invited lol mainly family but lol they are going to give me the real money:D

Don't take this wrong but... you're lucky your Dad lets you have a GT. I wouldn't get you a supercharger just for the fact that I wouldn't want to be anyway connected to your death for driving the car too fast.

I bought my daughter a v6 mustang for graduation (you haven't even graduated yet). It was totaled in 8 months. She didn't do it. Her moron boyfriend did it. Testostrone at it's finest. As a Dad of teenagers and older. I've seen many kids die between 15 and 20 years old in fast cars. Seemed like monthly there was some kid not being able to handle the extreme responsibility of driving, especially a fast car.

Be happy with the GT. If you want a supercharger, pay for it yourself so it's your rocket that you built and that you may get in trouble in.

Ask dad for something else that's a little more productive and not destructive...

Just a friendly piece of advice my friend... :nice:

yea that is true but i honestly drive my car very very easily i baby it like crazy until i get to the track and then its all out. Insurance is so high 1 ticket even if its not in my car and my dad will take it away so i drive very carefully. Yea so i see your point he doesnt want me to get it because he doesnt want to be the one that in a sense kills me from too much speed. But then i have to look at it in a different way because i also own a bike as well so lol if he didnt want me to kill myself i wouldnt have a bike although it is not a crotch rocket it still is very fast its a 91 nighthawk 750 basically this is my drag thing though cause i dont really wanna tear apart my stang by dragging it.

04GTMustang said:
yea that is true but i honestly drive my car very very easily i baby it like crazy until i get to the track and then its all out. Insurance is so high 1 ticket even if its not in my car and my dad will take it away so i drive very carefully. Yea so i see your point he doesnt want me to get it because he doesnt want to be the one that in a sense kills me from too much speed. But then i have to look at it in a different way because i also own a bike as well so lol if he didnt want me to kill myself i wouldnt have a bike although it is not a crotch rocket it still is very fast its a 91 nighthawk 750 basically this is my drag thing though cause i dont really wanna tear apart my stang by dragging it.

Just be cool... mature... and give Dad his props for stepping on the planet for a bit longer than you. Time to bond and say... "okay Dad... I see where you are coming from..." And slow down for a bit.

Life is not the destination... It's the travels along the way.

Enjoy the ride... :D

Btw, us dads... we have a hard time not giving our kids that we love everything within our grasp... We are you... just older... sometimes it's not the best way to go. Our love can hurt when we don't think it would. One day... you'll understand more than you'll like... peace...

as of right now im looking more towards future too like right after college. my plans are while in college i wanna buy a racing short block and over time build it up through my 5 years of college and then after college buy another gt like mine and drop the racing motor in(hopefully it will handle 1000 hp). then get a Twin turbo kit and make an attempt to get 1000rwhp out of it. Oh and obviously everything else in teh drive train will be replaced to handle this much power so do you guys think this is a better idea than going with a supercharger now or doing other things to my stang??

Eventually i want to get a car running 10s and possibly 9s that is somewhat of a street car.

this is simple. just get nitrous :shrug: you'll have more tq. than a blower too...

you wont be able to get your car into the 10s before or even right after you graduate either unless you really like debt or get lucky and come into some money. at this point in your life, focus on your education and getting your life on the right track w/ your finances and everything else before you go crazy on a car. just my .02

streetstang03 said:
this is simple. just get nitrous :shrug: you'll have more tq. than a blower too...

you wont be able to get your car into the 10s before or even right after you graduate either unless you really like debt or get lucky and come into some money. at this point in your life, focus on your education and getting your life on the right track w/ your finances and everything else before you go crazy on a car. just my .02

yea i will be in college for quite a while cause now all the business programs are 5 years of college and my plans right now are to stay for a masters. But we will see if thats still what i want to do when i get there lol.

Oh and i really dont want to put nitrous in my stang i really dont want any problems right now in my stang its just a street car i go to the track every now and then and since my dad bought the car he doesnt really want me blowing up the motor or anything thats part of the reason why he doesnt want me to get a blower.