suspenion ?s

94GTMOOSE

Member
Jun 27, 2005
303
0
16
jersey shore
MY suspension is going to get an overhual. i've been playing on doing shocks and springs, for a while now but just didn't have the cash. my car has 103,697 miles on it, so figure i can't just change the shocks and springs without changing everything else. So here is what i plan on doing and tell me what you think.

03 cobra lower control arms
bumpsteer kit(not sure what brand)
ebiach sport springs
kyb shocks and struts
kenny brown caster plates
and very undecided on what upper and lower control arms for the rear. maybe a panhard bar setup.

i figure i want to do all of this stuff enventually so why take it apart more then once. work smart not hard. plus everything will get even wear. Cash is a issue but i can't skimp on quality so i don't have to replace these parts again for a while.
 
That list sounds good.

For bumpsteer I'd recommend Steeda. Probably the most expensive but not too bad at $150.

With the Eibach Sportlines, you might want to consider getting the shocks/struts for a Fox body.

And for UCA/LCA, I think the MM LCAs with stock uppers(new stock replacement bushings) is a very popular combo. I personally went with Steeda Aluminum LCAs and Steeda HD uppers.

Good Luck
 
KB plates were only C plates IIRC. If so, I'd get CC plates instead (and barring a great deal found somewhere, 4 bolt MM's would be my choice).
Good luck.
 
Steeda and UPR bumpsteer kits are the same parts, made by the same company the only diff is the name engraved on them and the price. Steeda $150, UPR $99.99
kyb shocks and struts are not very good I would go with Tokico for fox body's.

Like HISSIN50 said KB plates were only C plates IIRC. If so, I'd get CC plates instead (and barring a great deal found somewhere, 4 bolt MM's would be my choice).
 
here is why i am only going with the kenny brown caster plates. the camber is set all the way so the wheels are set all the way back. thats where the "font end shop" in farimigdale NJ said they were going to set it when i got the car realigned. If its going to be set there to stay, why have it adjustable, only come out of adjustment if i hit a big bump or get air borne.
 
94GTMOOSE said:
here is why i am only going with the kenny brown caster plates. the camber is set all the way so the wheels are set all the way back. thats where the "font end shop" in farimigdale NJ said they were going to set it when i got the car realigned. If its going to be set there to stay, why have it adjustable, only come out of adjustment if i hit a big bump or get air borne.
I think there's some confusion of terms going on here.
 
maybe. but but it don't matter becasue Kenny brown stoped production of all parts becasue he is in the hospital or somthing like that. they stoped january of last year. So now i must choose a set of cheap but quality CC plates. i am looking to spend like 170 ithink
 
94GTMOOSE said:
maybe. but but it don't matter becasue Kenny brown stoped production of all parts becasue he is in the hospital or somthing like that. they stoped january of last year. So now i must choose a set of cheap but quality CC plates. i am looking to spend like 170 ithink

You may as well get the MM 4 bolt. They can be had for about $189. You are right there. And I think the shop is talking about Caster.
 
I went with bullit springs and getting bullit shocks/struts this winter for them (have some old tokico 5ways now that are done). I like the way the bullit/mach1 handles and they seem to manage a good 60ft in the mags/interwebs/real life. The 03 cobra front a arms are prob. one of the best deals out there and I hope to do them also in the next year or so. I am going to sell my SSM lift bars and get the UPR upper/lower arms that sell for 199$ together. I dont think I will need a bumpsteer kit for my setup though...

Panhard bar would be nice though...

Sub frames I have are D&D full lenghts and it really got it stiff.

-as far as mac I really have not been to happy with macs stuff. I only have delt with one susp. part of theres in the form of the adj. rear uppers on my buddies 00gt and they didnt even have enough adj. to match the length of the stock upper and just plain did not have the adj. needed to really get the use out of the adj. That exp. was par for what others and I have dealt with mac products.