Suspension Q's

merc123

Active Member
Jan 27, 2003
420
2
39
North GA
I let my dad take the car for a spin and he noted that the rear wants to come out on him in corners and what not. Tell me if this would help at all as far as cornering and even 1/4 mile.

Bilstein struts (chosen over Tockico's...if you prefer Tockico's let me know why...I thought about them also because they're cheaper)

Lowering springs (Eibach or H&R)

What else might I need?
 
I run the Eibach Pro Kit with the Eibach front and rear sway bars and the car handles pretty nicely. I intended to put the eibach struts and shocks on my car but was told by the eibach rep that it would be a waste of money on a car so new (300 miles at the time) and he suggested I wait until I had at least 30k miles on the car before replacing. Bilstein and Tokico both make good stuff.
 
I went with Eibach Pro Kit because I didn't want a slammed car and wanted a more stock like ride. I chose Tokico's premiums because I didn't want to mess with adjustments and they are a better price. With this combo I can take corners with ease and the launches were much improved.
 
Rear control arms (mainly the lowers, but it is a good idea to also do uppers since not very expensive) and sub-frame connectors. After that your car will rock.

I had Bilsteins but ripped them in favor of Tokico 5-ways to improve ride quality. The Bilsteins ride a bit stiff, but they are a very good product.