suspension setup

stangjunkie

Nov 15, 2004
i did some searchin and came up with very little so go ahead and post it here.

Im thinkin of getting traction action lca and lakewood HD uca for the rear and the eibach pro-kit spring, comp enginering adjustable rear shocks and agx adjustable fronts. I just wanna make sure the springs and lca wont drop it too low it's a daily driver but i dont mind when it feels like a race car all the time. if that is too low in the rear do i want to put a spacer under the rear shock or would that defeat the purpose??

ALSO guys runnin quick times on mostly stock drivetrains, with only suspension, what are you runnin??

• Sponsors (?)

i have the lakewood traction action rear uppers and lowers. i love it. I think the strange engineering adjustable struts and shocks maybe a better way to go. As far as drag coils i have no clue so i'll watch as well to see what guys post.

First of all, I would want to be able to adjust the pinion angle. The way to do this is adjustable upper controll arms and even adjustable lowers. This makes a big difference. Another thing is a slammed dragster doesn't make sence. I wouldn't get lakewood or any lifting style LCA's unless I was building a drag car. Get regular controll arms for that. Better yet, coil overs are king of adjustablitiy. Some LCA's have adjustable spring perches such as the Maximum Motorsports units.

90mustangGT what you say makes sence but unless you are a hard core drag racer adjustable uppers and lowers are kinda a waste of money. there is a little more to adjusting then trial and error for pinion angles. a out of the box aftermarket upper and lower kit like the lakewood traction action kit gives you 2 settings for pinion angle. it takes guess work out of it.