Suspension: Springs and anything else?

NewMStang

Oct 5, 2004
So if you read my other post I put on new wheels:

- 18x9, 18x10
- 265-35-18 (used tires, with about 7.5/10 tread) - Michelin Pilot Sports N1
- 315-30-18 new tires - Michelin Pilot SPorts

and I've have had alingment/steering issues. So before dishing out any money for alingment i figure i get lower springs at the same time to rid myself of the new monster truck look i have.

So my questions are:

1) Which springs to go with: H&R SS or Sportlines
- Looking for a nice aggressive stance
- Decent ride, don't want ride quality to suffer much (don;t want to feel every bump type of deal)

2) Do i need anything else like
- C/C plates
- Front or Rear spring isloators (I hear they reduce the drop, and since my car sits so high i'm not sure i want that)
- New bushings?

3) My budget is around $500 (less if possible) for
-Springs
-Installation
-Alignment
-Anything extra that's needed

Here's what i'm working with:

**Note - the pics were taken while the car was titled, so the wheels gap is a little less then pictured.

CIMG2949.jpg

CIMG2950.jpg

CIMG2951.jpg

CIMG2948.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Wow. Thats some serious 4x4. You are doing the right thing!!!:nice: H&R SS are low, but the coupe springs arent as low as the verts. The ride quality WILL suffer I'm afraid, but handling will improve dramatically. Its night and day.

With a decent drop (like the H&Rs) you should really do shocks/struts too, and possibly CC plates if you can budget it. I did them all together. If you want a smaller drop with less impact and ride and without buying anything else you could try Steeda springs, but they only drop about an inch or so.

Back in the day Eibachs were known to have sagging issues after a year or so. I have no idea if that was resolved, but keep it in mind.

Get those Pilots warm before you rip on them. I couldnt get much performance out of those tires until they were HOT.

Heres a pic of mine. H&R SS rears, but Roush fronts. HR vert front springs slammed my car and it scraped everywhere.

50269d1178478435-car-back-shop-pics-my-cobra-front-brake-upgrade-dsc01375-small-.jpg

Well I went ahead and ordered:

-H&R SS Springs
-BBK Polyurethane Offset Steering Rack Bushing Kit

Hopefully this will be all I need...and hopefully $200 cover the cost of installation and alignment