• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Suspension suggestions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Josh95GT
  • Start date Start date May 25, 2004
J

Josh95GT

New Member
May 4, 2004
28
0
0
Worcester, MA
May 25, 2004
#1
  • May 25, 2004
  • #1
I just bought the Eibach Pro Kit springs and am now looking for shocks and struts for my car before I start the installation. Does anyone have suggestions? I was looking at Tokico or Koni's but they are real expensive. Is it really worth the extra price or is there something cheaper with decent performance? Thanks for the help.
 
B

baglock1

The Bartender
Founding Member
Aug 25, 2001
6,612
1
78
Space Coast, FL
May 25, 2004
#2
  • May 25, 2004
  • #2
Bilsteins.
 

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
6,892
8
128
N.H.
May 25, 2004
#3
  • May 25, 2004
  • #3
Go to Ebay and type in "mustang shocks"...you can find mucho good deals on all kinds of S/S....Tokico's/Mach1s/Bullits and even Bilstiens...I was searching myself last night...
 

Imyourzero

Learned that lesson as a horny teenager with lots
Founding Member
Mar 10, 2002
2,298
0
0
Hoonose, U.S.A. Posts: 39,051
May 26, 2004
#4
  • May 26, 2004
  • #4
If you don't want to spend a lot then definitely don't get Bilsteins. They are the best but they are also the most expensive. They have a lifetime warranty, but that won't do you a lot of good if you only plan to keep the car a few more years.

I believe KYB shocks and struts are cheaper than Tokico and Koni but I've heard mixed opinions on them. Personally, I'd shoot for some Tokicos. They really aren't that expensive if you look around. I got a set of very low mileage Bullitt (Tokico) shocks and struts for $100 shipped on the classifieds. If you shop around, you can find good deals on Bullitt or Mach 1 shocks and struts, and those are all made by Tokico.
 
V

velocity

New Member
Nov 12, 2003
48
0
0
Colorado
May 26, 2004
#5
  • May 26, 2004
  • #5
I got my bilsteins from bimmerparts.com (a suggestion from another member) which was the cheapest I found them. They are great!!!
 
J

Josh95GT

New Member
May 4, 2004
28
0
0
Worcester, MA
May 26, 2004
#6
  • May 26, 2004
  • #6
Thanks so much for the help and suggestions. That will help me in my search. I want to get them soon so I can get on with my modifications. Thanks.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Suspension Harsh Ride
  • PonyGTrider
  • Mar 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3 4
Replies
62
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 11, 2026
Noobz347
F
For Sale 03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
  • FastFox5oh
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
0
Views
237
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Jul 14, 2026
FastFox5oh
F
D
97 V6 suspension upgrades
  • Dale1bre
  • Jan 18, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
431
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jan 19, 2026
Noobz347
Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
493
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
N
Fox Street Suspension Build Advice
  • NYFox
  • Jan 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
376
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 28, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?