SVT closes up shop

• Sponsors (?)

I heard about it over on the corral. I think somebody also mentioned that we should still see some high performance vehicles, just without the SVT label.

Should be interesting to see what Ford has planned for 2008 and 2009 in terms of Mustangs.

Maybe from here on out, we'll just see a specialized model every couple years like the Bullitt, Mach 1, Boss, and so forth. I believe that Ford is about to come out with a Foose designed Mustang, but this time I don't think they are limiting the production. Basically, sell what they can as long as people will buy it.

Sad to see it go. SVT was sure something to look forward to in terms of product and price point.

Ford finds a way to F*** up everything!!!!!

By the way I believe the Ford and Shelby teaming up thing is a little over rated. This is way: I believe that basically Ford and their engineers build the product then Carrol signs off on it and says "Yeah, you can put my name on it." It's not like he is right there next to them designing and engineering the cars.

Now I may be wrong but from what I read that is how I take it.

I can see it now, Ford will be what GM is right now in five years. GM is going to come back with the Camaro and GTO and be outdoing Ford. All while Ford will probably discontinue the Mustang or make it FWD and call it the Probe 2!:nonono: :( WTF are you thinking Ford!?! Hope it is a joke!

It's gotta be true. From the first link I provided on top, post #8 reads: "Give them a call....1-800-FORD-SVT Now= " Ford Performance Group ", Question is SVT Finished? He replied yes, as of March 31 there is No more SVT at Ford!!! Its over!!! "

Here is another one:

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118497

If its true, ya cant be mad. If u ran a business...business wasnt good. U gotta do what u gotta do to save your future. Sure we can all say from our position what ford should have done but they have the problems they have. And if SVT aint a overly positive thing, it gets cut.

Im sure when Ford gets back on their feet, they'll bring SVT back.

You know what can SVT make next 450 hp cobra then what 500, and then 600,then what. The price goes higher and higher and higher. see the point they pretty much shot themselves in the foot with their last two cars.

yobi1kanobi said:
You know what can SVT make next 450 hp cobra then what 500, and then 600,then what. The price goes higher and higher and higher. see the point they pretty much shot themselves in the foot with their last two cars.

I thought the last 2 were 03/04 cobras - 390hp our the factory right?(underrated or whatever) and then the....01 right? That had what, 305 or something?

I wouldnt consider that shooting themselves in the foot. SVT(or any peformance group) isnt the backbone of any company. Its just a great small addition. If the company cant keep itself afloat, then all the great small additions get dumped.