Swapped an 88 steering column into my 92 what do I do about the wiring?

StreetDreamsGT

Mar 6, 2003
New Jersey
So I swapped an 88 column into my 92, it looked like almost all the wires connected except for my horn and the airbag... but my wipers don't work after the swap, my blinkers work just fine though. There's two plugs that come from the horn but it seems like everything from the wipers are connected so I don't know what gives :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Shrug, you should be a ble to figure out the horn on your own just frey the wire and see when the horn goes off. but I dont know if I would even connect the air bag, they went to a solid wheel b/c the force air bag probably broke there adustable column. So if you ever do crash it might some how break and cause you more pain?

I have not done this but that would be my fear

Shrug, you should be a ble to figure out the horn on your own just frey the wire and see when the horn goes off. but I dont know if I would even connect the air bag, they went to a solid wheel b/c the force air bag probably broke there adustable column. So if you ever do crash it might some how break and cause you more pain?

I have not done this but that would be my fear

Well I've got an aftermarket steering wheel on it with no airbag anyway... my main concern isn't the horn... I can easily figure that out. The windshield wipers are what bother me. I thought they were in the same harness as the blinkers and all... I guess if no one knows off the top of their head then i'll look at the wiring diagrams myself and wire it up. I was just hoping to keep everything simple so I could go back and un do it... plug and play.

as far as i know the actual wires on the car are the same. its all how the delay is set up in the blinker switch. i put a 93 blinker switch in my 88 and i ended up pulling some of the pins out of the back of the connector and switching them around till it worked. i believe they are numbered on the back so if you have the 88 switch you could just use that one, or use the numbers as a template to match up the correct locations on your switch and you should be good to go