Swapping 99 cobra front caliper n rotors to my 5 lug swap, quick question

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
I picked up some 1999 cobra rotors and calipers. I am going to put them on my fox that is already 5 lug with 1994 calipers and 1999 PBR dual piston calipers. Are the brake lines on the fronts the same?? I was wanting to unbolt my lines from my calipers and bolt them to the cobra calipers. Next will the cobra caliper brackets bolt up to my spindles without any further grinding?

Do I need to bother with getting the correct dust covers or leave the current ones on the spindles, thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

if both calipers are for sure from '99, theres no adapters needed, but there was a switch in thread pitch in '01 or '02 (cant remember when exactly).

dust shields, i dunno. i left em off when i did mine, but i dont see why there would be any difference?

Thanks, I have the brake lines that came with the 99 calipers but it just looked as easy to me to unbolt the lines from the PBR calipers and bolt em up to the cobra calipers. I'm gonna have to wait to get the rotors re surfaced this week, pick up some fresh pads, banjo bolt washers and I will be ready to go!

There is only one dust shield. They all work for 13" rotors. That's why they stick past the smaller 10.8" rotors.

The 99-04 brake lines will work with cobra rotors. These are the ones with about 5" of metal line off the caliper before the rubber hose starts.

Thread pitch....notnsure of. Around 2002, the gt pbrs changed from fine to coarse thread. I believe the 94-98 cobra calipers are fine thread, but the 99-04 may be coarse.

Do you know for sure what year the pbr calipers are off?

There is only one dust shield. They all work for 13" rotors. That's why they stick past the smaller 10.8" rotors.

The 99-04 brake lines will work with cobra rotors. These are the ones with about 5" of metal line off the caliper before the rubber hose starts.

Thread pitch....notnsure of. Around 2002, the gt pbrs changed from fine to coarse thread. I believe the 94-98 cobra calipers are fine thread, but the 99-04 may be coarse.

Do you know for sure what year the pbr calipers are off?

My PBR calipers are from a 99 or 00 car best I recall, the lines to have 5 inches of metal line coming from the caliper. Anything I need to double check before putting on the calipers?? I know there was a small clip that came off the pads that I have no clue where it goes back to, opposite of the holding pin